ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone help? advice?

Clio 172
hi everyone
i was driving my 182 to work when all of a sudden it died and wouldnt turn over at first i thought it was because i run out of petrol (me being tight) so i filled up a billy can and put it in still nothing long story short i have checked that the fuel pump is working and that the car is sparking both fine, i also took the top engine mount off and the cambelt is spinning fine and aux belt is ok but there are a few lose strands.
i have been told the bottom end could be nackered any other advice?
cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
As above I am afraid, chances are that the cranks position relative to the camshafts has been altered by a strand of Aux belt. This would most likely have clipped a valve or three causing a loss of compression and so, no start.

The cams and crank maybe turning but without compression it won't go I'm afraid.

Take it to be checked and repaired or have the engine replaced but this is why it is essential to have the car correctly serviced.

Bad luck

Mick

Clio 172
Gutted i have just purchased cambelt kit,depahser, aux belt kit ect and was waiting for it to be delivered! if i get a compression tester will that tell me 100%? as i dont want to buy a replacement engine to find out that its something different
cheers for advice gents!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah that will tell you but you should be able to hear it really.