ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone heard of this company to get turbo from?

just because something is expensive doesn't mean it is good , you have got to remember that most things are made in china where the labour rate is cheap , so if they are getting the bits direct from a supplier abroad they can do it cheap , as where companies in england import it and make a huge profit on things , i always buy things from honk kong and they are just as good as things that are 5 times as much , just because they are cheap doesn't mean it is crap !!!

SQ5
errrrrrr YES, i picked the car up and took it home and parked it as i had a hour to get it before i had to go back to work, Some times being busy is a tad more important than being worried about what bhp my car is running but i will sort that out after the xmas rush we are having and get the paper work i was given up on here.

Did you not get a receipt? It would of been in with that as they would have a print out I imagine. If I'd spent that much money (well I have) I'd want printouts to prove it!

There is such a thing as to cheap imo.

Yea its true, its the same price as the Ktec kit less the VAT! If there doing cash jobbies, or can get parts at a cheaper rate, I'd imagine their labour rate is cheaper than Ktec's too!

Renaultsport Clio 172
I have ordered their cam set, still waiting for them as they will come overseas to Mexico. My cams will be shipped next week, will post pictures once I have them, then it will be a long wait for them to go in! Still 10,000 miles for the next cambelt service when they will be fitted!!!

This thread gives good hopes, not looking for 206hp TBH, but quite sure they will make me 190 at least, we'll see

Ph1
just because something is expensive doesn't mean it is good , you have got to remember that most things are made in china where the labour rate is cheap , so if they are getting the bits direct from a supplier abroad they can do it cheap , as where companies in england import it and make a huge profit on things , i always buy things from honk kong and they are just as good as things that are 5 times as much , just because they are cheap doesn't mean it is crap !!!

Its not just the cams, its the other things like the new belts, fitting and mapping and then they have to make a profit on top. Other companys seem to be about 1000 - 1300 area for all this so theres a massive difference and why?. Thats if this £750 figure fitted is right..

Its not just the cams, its the other things like the new belts, fitting and mapping and then they have to make a profit on top. Other companys seem to be about 1000 - 1300 area for all this so theres a massive difference and why?. Thats if this £750 figure fitted is right..

email of them

Hi Nick, We are offering the cams and a remap at £749.00 all inclusive at the moment. This is a fantastic deal that is attracting a lot of Clio sport owners. We can do it in the day, but you would need to get the car to us around 8:30 am and it would be a long day. Thanks Andy

the way i see it is they are doing good prices and getting a lot of custom in , as if they were charging expensive prices they would get dribs and drabs of work in , everyone is out for a deal at the end of the day , and in this current climate you are not going to be succesfull charging normal rates ! i have ordered a set of cam's of them and new valve springs as i have a head that i am sending away to get blue printed and ported and polished , i will post some rolling road results up as soon as it is all done as i will be getting it put on the rollers when it is all done to see how accurate these results are , i am not expecting what they list , but will be good to see how accurate they are

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
Did you not get a receipt? It would of been in with that as they would have a print out I imagine. If I'd spent that much money (well I have) I'd want printouts to prove it!

Yes i have a receipt it will be in my glove boxs with the rest of the stuff i have still not seen, i should be home again sunday so will get to have a proper drive of it.

DMS

A thirsty 172
yea why? :S

No reason mate, I'm just interested to see what their conversions are like compared to mine (done by K-Tec).
I want to know what different components (if any) are used and generally how they compare (power, torque, driveability, reliability etc).
The OP hasn't visited this thread much since getting his done and there's a lot of questions posted which are left unanswered as a result. If someone else has it done, maybe we'll get to hear more about it :)

If the conversion is anything like mine, I can absolutely 100% guarantee you'll love it!

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
i got bored of waiting for a reply about this kit/company so i now have ktr low pressure turbo kit ready to go on, just need to find the time to fit it :cool:

DMS

A thirsty 172
i got bored of waiting for a reply about this kit/company so i now have ktr low pressure turbo kit ready to go on, just need to find the time to fit it :cool:

You'll be impressed with the difference matey.
I've got the Stage 2 setup myself, but when it was first mapped it was only running 0.5 bar and made 215.7bhp. Yours SHOULD make a little bit more than that because it'll keep the standard higher compression internals. The torque is awesome and very addictive. You'll probably find you want to go low comp very soon after fitting it, and when it is low comp it's staggering how quick they are.

ep3
i know iv phoned them a few times and talked to the guys there and they say the components are the same/similar to k-tecs and they have had no problems with them, they give a years warranty on the kit i know it means nothing but they seemed to know what they was talking about.
iv been following this thread but like you said many questions have not been answered.

i'll let you know how i got on with it,
is yours the low boost kit?

DMS

A thirsty 172
I've been in a couple of Renault 5 GTT's that have had work done by BBPT (which is what Engine Dynamics used to be called IIRC). Neither have had any mechanical issues as a result of the work done. By that logic, this kit should do the job just fine.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
You'll probably find you want to go low comp very soon after fitting it, and when it is low comp it's staggering how quick they are.[/quote]

thats what stevieh said who i bought the kit off lol
prob will, cant wait to get this kit on

02 172
So what happened to benl's turbo kit then?! I'd be giving a detailed description of what it's like but I've read to the end of this thread and....nothing

Clio 172 Cup
Kits crap and cars standard again
kits great and cars wrapped round a lampost
you decide

your a muppet and the car wrapped round a lamppost comment is just stupid.

For the other smart guy errrrr yea well looks like photoshop i can see why i'd spend my time doing that.

The car is the nuts i cant knock it I have over 2000 miles on it and not a problem, it idles better than when it went in and it is going in for a new power run next month at AMD once the car is finished so I will put a graph up to please the rest of the haters after that.

as for anything else I have replyed to all pm's i have had about the car and the kit as other than the for sale section i dont look at anything else