ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone heard of this company to get turbo from?

BMW M135I
cheap for cams! i worked on their old blue 182 demo car that was allegedly 220bhp (high comp engine with 421's IIRC) it was quick, but not 220bhp quick, peaky as hell

This is a reply i recieved off him regarding the cams and he 212bhp

"Hi Daniel,

Figures have been achieved on single throttle with exhaust, intake mods (Manifold blueprinting) and air filter kit. This is on the OEM throttle body, not ITB's with a custom remap.

Idle speed is raised very slightly and smooth when remapped as most kits are sold to road users of which some are everyday users.

We will doing a special offer of £749.00 for supply and fitment of the cams and a custom remap. As you would expect advanced orders are shaping up quite nicely for that price!

Best Regards,

Andy"

Let you guys decide

Clio 172 Cup
IIRC, BB Tuning had the turbo conversion up and running before K-Tec had and there demo car was certainly impressive. The kit they used were not cheap parts, and Andy certainly new the inside of any Renault engine.

I'm not saying he's the best and only, but until someone has had the conversion done I think it's a little unfair for people that don't know the details to be putting it down. It's sp frustrating being a part of this forum with people like that.

thats my thoughts on it thats why my car is being dropped off next sat :)

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
im booked in for this on the 7th of november, i was going to go to K-tec but after what i feel is bad service after spending just shy of £1800 over the last year i booked my car in with these guys, so will see what happens guys seem really good on the phone but proof will be in the end result.

Just thought i would dig this one up again, has the car been dropped off?

Clio 172 Cup
im going this saturday to get some bits out my car that i forgot so i'll ask what boost it will run then, yea i will keep yous posted with any updates :)

Clio 172 Cup
spoke to the guy on the phone today as i have not had time to go look, the car will run between 6-7 psi once its set up

DMS

A thirsty 172
spoke to the guy on the phone today as i have not had time to go look, the car will run between 6-7 psi once its set up

So round about 0.5 bar then, same as (or similar to) the K-Tec LPT conversion
My HPT setup is only running circa 0.5 bar at the minute and made 215.7bhp so it'll be interesting to see how it compares.

My workmate has got an R5 GTT which has had a load of engine work done by BBPT that makes about 180ish bhp, which to me doesn't sound a lot (although the car is still very quick).

Clio 172 Cup
lol 180 bhp out of a 1.4 chocolate engine still is not bad me and my flat mate are both R5 boys and he just sold his one that was running 212 bhp which had been to BB.

yea i dont think there is alot of difference in the two LPT kits, i just read your post as it happens car looks good, im looking forward to gettin mine back but as they are doing mine in spare time as they are busy and i wanted it done before xmas i have a small wait on my hands.

rps13
You're forgetting Gdi's single throttle bodied high comp 182 'made' 231 bhp a couple years back.

Don't be too quick to jump on the power bashing wagon just because their rolling road wasn't calibrated to RSTuning's

RB 182
cheap for cams! i worked on their old blue 182 demo car that was allegedly 220bhp (high comp engine with 421's IIRC) it was quick, but not 220bhp quick, peaky as hell

I bought the exhaust off this car, quality is second to none and bespoke! Would these cams be unbranded cheap versions or worth looking into?

Clio 172 Cup
well i have been told i can collect my car week ending the 18th as im not about to pick it up at the start, so cant wait to have it back :)

Clio 172 Cup
just been phoned car is ready for collection at 12 tomorrow, so i will post photos and details tomorrow :)

williams and trophy
i never had a a problem with the BB boys

but plenty of other people did.

remember nick read?? and all the development work he paid thru the nose for them??

i asked what r&d theyd done for the turbo conversions etc.....after a blank look....'what' was the answer lmao.

cowboys they were

Golf GT & A4 Avant
but plenty of other people did.

remember nick read?? and all the development work he paid thru the nose for them??

i asked what r&d theyd done for the turbo conversions etc.....after a blank look....'what' was the answer lmao.

cowboys they were

Don't know Nick Read, what problems did he have???

I know people had bad experiences with them, but I also know of a lot of people who were more than happy with the work they did, including me and work they have done to my car and friends cars. Someone I know is about to hand over a an R5 with a valver lump to be turbo'd.

I'm sure most tuning companies have had bad times at some point.

Clio 172 Cup
yea i picked it up friday can't really put my toe in as there is just to much ice and snow about to risk it, but i did have a little blast and my good god i love it just can't wait till its dry.

With every company there are good and bad reports the problem you have with car forums is it gets heard about it alot more and its the age old rule you tell 10 people when you have had a bad experience and 2 when its good, to be honest this is my first dealing with Andy and to be fair he has been spot on, kept me informed and done a spot on job, my engine bay was mint when i collected the car im going to take some photos today.

Clio 172 Cup
11462_368620495190_545355190_10285282_325613_n.jpg

11462_368620505190_545355190_10285283_8276790_n.jpg

11462_368620515190_545355190_10285284_6587990_n.jpg

11462_368620540190_545355190_10285287_7426177_n.jpg

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Ben thats really neat that, loving the fact that they hard pipe the induction kit in, instead of the tumble dryer ducting you get with ktecs kit.

How much is it putting out?

Clio 172 Cup
to be honest i have no idea as i was in such a rush on friday i just paid and left so never asked, I'll have to ring on monday and find out plus its going back in jan to have a couple of other bits done :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
That looks really good, glad your pleased with it.

I don't know why but I thought you were having cams fitted, got a bit of a suprise to see a turbo conversion in the pics. lol.

320d
Looks very good. I'm realy tempted by the price of those cams. If it will put out a real 200ish bhp its a major bargin.

What does everybody else think?

SQ5
I'm sorry, you left without asking what power it was putting out or proof with a rolling road graph?

^ lol, great minds chap.
to be honest i have no idea as i was in such a rush on friday i just paid and left so never asked, I'll have to ring on monday and find out plus its going back in jan to have a couple of other bits done :)
Did they not give you any RR prints ? (mind you RR's often mean sweet FA);)

Be good to see what it's doing. It looks nice.

Clio 172 Cup
I'm sorry, you left without asking what power it was putting out or proof with a rolling road graph?

errrrrrr YES, i picked the car up and took it home and parked it as i had a hour to get it before i had to go back to work, Some times being busy is a tad more important than being worried about what bhp my car is running but i will sort that out after the xmas rush we are having and get the paper work i was given up on here.

they are doing a deal on the cams fitted and a remap for £700 or £750 , may get my car bookd in , they can do it in a day as well