ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone had remote locking problems?

Clio 2, 1999
Hey all,

i'v got a mk2 ph2 clio, and my remote locking has decided to stop working.

It's not the water from the arial, as it is dry up there, i have replaced the batt's in the remote and they work fine. tryed to see if any wires where not connected but cant see anything.

left work at 8pm working, went home 8:25pm system wouldnt lock??!?!?!?!

anyone had problems like this?

btw: it's the infa-red system.

thanks all.

Oyster Card
Dunno if it will help you as you said you don't have a leak, but I sprayed my infared connectors when i had a leak; even though it was still working as it normally did with WD40 and the remote locking range pretty much doubled so maybe yours needs a clean / spray? just a suggesion.

Does the little red light on the remote come on when you press the buttton?
Does the keys start the car though?

Golf GTI 1.8T
AcID ZeR0 said:
Dunno if it will help you as you said you don't have a leak, but I sprayed my infared connectors when i had a leak; even though it was still working as it normally did with WD40 and the remote locking range pretty much doubled so maybe yours needs a clean / spray? just a suggesion.

Dunno where these are in the mk2's.... not as obvious at the mk1's up near the sunroof.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Mark 2 phase 2 are controled by the decoder ring which is around the igintion barrel try removing the covers behind the steering wheel and disconnecting it and connecting back up again but it may just have an internal fault which the key.

Clio 2, 1999
hey all,
thanks for the advice,

yeah the key works fine, when starting the car and i have replaced the batt's in the control (red light working) lol, some little s**t broke the drivers door key barrel, so untill i get this sorted i have to unlock the passenger side and then open the drivers side, drving me nuts!

Renault clio 1.4 rt
Hi there, I am also having this problem.

It was fine yesterday and now I can't disable the immobiliser. Renault garage says I need to tow it to them to let them look at it but that's going to be expensive.

One poster mentioned spraying the connectors with WD40.. I have a clio 1.4 RT - nowt special and the receiver is above the rear view mirror - it's a plastic box. How would I go about reaching the connectors to spray them? Sorry - I'm useless with cars, can just about fill the screenwash up - so you can see my dilemma!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
The person that said spray WD40 on the connectors - what do you mean by this?

Where the wires meet the back of the box?

Or on the board itself?

(Seems pretty obvious which one it probably is lol, just thought I'd make double sure)