ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone had issues lowering there 172 ?

I was thinking about going down the eibach route and lowering my 172FF.

But one concern is at standard ride height my engine undertray looks close to ground and looks like it may scrape when lowered :dapprove:

If it did scrape, how far up from the undertray is the sump (Meaning whats the gap between bottom on sump and the undertray inside)?

Could i damage my sump etc by hitting undertray etc or is it well enough out the way ? :S

Plus are there any more issues i'd have to aware of car wise ?

E.g Driveshafts scuffing, wearing cv joints quicker etc etc ?

Or would i only come across these issues at a 50 to 60mm drop or more ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I have issues with my car being to low as standard. Sumps never hit anything though.

There a bit of a gap the subframe will protect it anyway realy.

I woulnd't worry about lowering though unless you've some big speed bumps in aquard places even then well setup coilovers etc are fine.

Cv don't wear quicker driveshafts are fine only issue cna be whell breaing wear faster does depend on driving style though.

I woulnd't worry about lowering though unless you've some big speed bumps in aquard places even then well setup coilovers etc are fine.

Cv don't wear quicker driveshafts are fine only issue can be whell bearings wear faster does depend on driving style though.

Cv don't wear quicker driveshafts are fine only issue can be whell bearings wear faster does depend on driving style though.

I have speed bumps in my street but there only kerb height.

Cheers Edde i just wandered before i was contimplating ordering them ;)

M2 Competition
The cup handles speedbumps fine on leda coilovers dropped to the ground.

On eibachs you wont be scraping things mate.

Ph1
Only issue i had on the ph1 172 was on full lock on the OE rims it used to scrape off the inner arch
Nothing to worry about tho

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

the lower you go the greater the angle! I went through two shafts, but mine was very low at the front.

you'll have no probs eibac springs!

the lower you go the greater the angle! I went through two shafts, but mine was very low at the front.

you'll have no probs eibac springs!

What was yours lowered on ?

Broken Diesel Megane :(
i just ordered eibachs for the 197 today, all being well will be here tomo and fitted this weekend :D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sportines are a bit lower than standard lower (about -25mm)
Prolines arn't any lower (some say slightly lower some say higher!)

I love the sportlines on my mk2 172, i wasnt impressed with the handling as standard coming from a coilovered car, but the eibachs transformed it!

you wont have ANY hastle with eibachs, they arnt that much lower, my last clio was lowered -90mm and even that didnt give me any serious hastle (i couldnt get in or out my drive, could get over speedbumps very slowly and 2 wheels on 2 wheels off but i never caused any damage to the car)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Sportines are a bit lower than standard lower (about -25mm)
Prolines arn't any lower (some say slightly lower some say higher!)

I love the sportlines on my mk2 172, i wasnt impressed with the handling as standard coming from a coilovered car, but the eibachs transformed it!

you wont have ANY hastle with eibachs, they arnt that much lower, my last clio was lowered -90mm and even that didnt give me any serious hastle (i couldnt get in or out my drive, could get over speedbumps very slowly and 2 wheels on 2 wheels off but i never caused any damage to the car)

90mm?? FK's only went down 75? iirc!