ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got this Yanoo gear linkage setup?

Clio 182 FF
For Clio 182 I would suggest the base kit with adjustable ball joint housing and a pair of brass bush

There are more kind of kits to improve the gear change quality. All kits are based on a base kit. Base kit consists of a stiffer ball insert, a ball joint housing (Stiff Shift 1.0) and a small metal bush (pic attached)

This setup can transform the OEM gear linkage, it gives more precise and play-free shift without shortening the shift throw. The car interior will look no different after fitting the kit. The ball joint housing is a fixed one (Stiff Shift 1.0) in the base kit but it may be adjustable (Stiff Shift 3.0) on request. By the help of the use of the adjustable ball joint housing you can easily tune the shift force (the force to get the gear stick into gear) to your demand.

I have new brass bushes (optional) for replacing the OEM gear lever bottom plastic bushes. Usually the OEM bushes get worn / flexible after 60k miles. Suggested but not compulsory to replace them.

These kits do not shorten the lifespan of the rings. Because these kits do not contain damper elements, more vibrations can be feel on the gear knob. It's not the easiest to fit the conversion kit but detailed fitting instructions help a lot.

Usual prices (postage included):
base kit (Stiff Shift 1.0 + stiffer ball insert + small metal bush): £51
additional cost of brass bushes (a pair): £8
additional cost of adjustable ball joint housing: £15

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have this one fitted

YanooKit.gif

There is two problems which i never knew about and they are 1, The vibration is unreal and it makes a lot of noise when on idle but then again i have power flex bushes so this won't help and 2, is that i could not fit the red ball as the 182 gearstick does not allow this and god knows what the nut & bolt was for.

Clio 182 FF
Oh!! So his detail instructions aren't so detailed?

Is this kit going to make my gear changes feel more direct and precise? Less movement in the gearstick?

I've already got a poweflex dog bone mount.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the 3.0 kit, which it is better than the one above as you can adjust it.

I think it makes a big difference to the gear changes, they feel more precise and stops the gear stick wobble. I've got the powerflex dog mount fitted and I boot ice no extra vibrating with this fitted. It's quite easy to fit as well

I've got a 182 and I could fit the red insert in to the ball?

DSC_0407_zps28785ef1.jpg

DSC_0409_zpsaba80808.jpg

DSC_0435_zpsdd1994d5.jpg

Clio 182 FF
I've got the 3.0 kit, which it is better than the one above as you can adjust it.

I think it makes a big difference to the gear changes, they feel more precise and stops the gear stick wobble. I've got the powerflex dog mount fitted and I boot ice no extra vibrating with this fitted. It's quite easy to fit as well

I've got a 182 and I could fit the red insert in to the ball?

Cheers for the reply guys...

Does the 3.0 kit still retain the OE look? Also how much is the 3.0 kit?

Would you still need the adjustable ball joint and brass bushes?