ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got these coilovers? KTR/gaz Coilover Suspension Kit?

Clio 172 Track(ish)
Hey, has anyone got these : http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1441&appid=2

Im looking for a set of coilovers for my track car. Ive scoured all the posts but couldn't seem to find any info on these (apologies if Ive missed it!). I'm on a strict budget but really wanted a set with adjustable damping and height adjustment.

Can anyone help out? Or recommend another set. I cant afford anymore than £550 really.

Cheers!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not seen that kit before tbh and not sure what makes it a KTR kit as its clearly covered in Gaz stickers?!

For that sort of money though I would be getting these personally.

ph1 track weapon
Think those are the 2nd revision of the ones I have.

if so, then they're not half bad actually. massive range of height movement, and a lot of damping adjustment too. Just make sure you get them set up properly, as mine were supposed to have been, but in fact weren't, and so spent the first month of ownership cursing them! Now theyre properly setup theyre very good for road use, and am taking them on track tuesday, so will report back on how they perform :)

ed

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had the same rear shocks on my old Gaz Golds and both leaked within a year :( However I did buy them second hand and ive been told the kit doesnt like to be run as low as I had them.

ph1 track weapon
yeah the gaz golds dont like to be too low, mine were all the way down at the back when i got mine and were horrific

Rusty Cup
ive got these or these in one form or another and ive got nothing but positive things to say about them, also gaz customer service is the best ive expirienced. I wanted the bump stiffened so gaz picked up the shocks and sent them back within a few days free of charge!! shame they have gone up by 50% in 2 years though!!

Ollie's Silver Cup
ive got these or these in one form or another and ive got nothing but positive things to say about them

I'm also running these and am also very happy with them!

I was a little apprehensive given they seem to get mixed reviews on here, however, I'm glad that I opted for them as I'm impressed with how they've performed so far! :)

Clio 172 Track(ish)
Specifically for track use though? They are at the top of my budget so need to know if they are worth shelling out the cash for! Doesn't mention anything about warrenty either?

Type ktec press the search i just did found plenty mate
Loads of threads for the cheap non adjustable coilovers. I think these maybe are new?

Not seen that kit before tbh and not sure what makes it a KTR kit as its clearly covered in Gaz stickers?!

For that sort of money though I would be getting these personally.

They do look very handy! Are they full coilovers on the rear too?

ph1 track weapon
nah not specifically for track use no. although as said, properly set up they should do a half decent job. No idea on warranty sorry, but the gaz website should come up with something

these ones arent new as mine are 3 or so years old, but gaz have revised them in the not too distant past with better damping levels, which these ones will be

theyre 2 piece on the rear, so separate spring and shock obviously, but come with the adjusters. All the way down they are LOW. as in i was tucking pretty much up to the edge of the rim on 15s, but that low they wont be much fun to drive, as with any coilover at its lowest limits. mine are about 20mm up from full low

Clio 172 Track(ish)
BTM/Cadbury's Dairy Milk available soon ;)
I'm with Greeny... What you talkin about Willis??? :D

nah not specifically for track use no. although as said, properly set up they should do a half decent job. No idea on warranty sorry, but the gaz website should come up with something

these ones arent new as mine are 3 or so years old, but gaz have revised them in the not too distant past with better damping levels, which these ones will be

theyre 2 piece on the rear, so separate spring and shock obviously, but come with the adjusters. All the way down they are LOW. as in i was tucking pretty much up to the edge of the rim on 15s, but that low they wont be much fun to drive, as with any coilover at its lowest limits. mine are about 20mm up from full low

Cheers for the info! Let us know how they cope with the track after Tuesday yeah? Just been looking at your project thread. Nice looking motor you've got there. Still trying to figure the controversial bit myself tho!;)

ph1 track weapon
its starting lol. but tbh it aint gonna be that controversial. getting a fucky custom sticker made up and the tow strap seems to be a bit marmite for some (love it persoanlly)

Gonna start pushing some new boudraries in the next few weeks though with stuff that hasnt been done before.