ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone got the samsung bdp 1500? (blu ray)

just wondered how i get a full screen picture when watching a film. it wont allow me to zoom the picture, also the tv wont allow me to zoom either. every film ive watched has big black bars top and bottom except shrek the third, doing my head it, got a 50" tv and i can only see half the bloody picture!

cheers

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
almost all films you watch will have black bars top and bottom, its to keep the correct aspect ratio it was filmed in so you get the full picture the way it was meant to be shown. your telly WILL allow you to pan/zoon but you will lose some of the picture.

my tv wont let me touch the zoom settings, they are all greyed out when a film is on, its a samsung tv as well, used to have a thing called ez view with my old samsung dvd player, could be doin with it now :-(

dk

911 GTS Cab
arrrrghh, people like you really annoy me, and its the same thought over on avforums.

you do not need to zoom into the picture, the black bars are meant to be there, if you zoomed in you wouldn't see all the picture, so wouldn't you prefer to see all of it and have some black bars you won't even notice after 2 seconds anyway!

Your tv is in the ratio is 1.85:1, which some films are filmed in, most are filmed in 2.35:1 though meaning they are a wider ration than your tv, so to watch it as it was intended you have the black bars.

It was the same when we had square tv's 4:3, only you got even bigger bars and bars when watching a 1.85:1 ratio film too. If they made tv's 2.35:1 then you would lose picture on a 1.85:1 tv unless you had black bars left and right.

So in conclusion, you have the right shape tv, you will get bars on most films, that is normal and unless you want to miss bits of the film, you need to get used to it tbh.