ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone got an opinion on yokahama paradas?

RenaultSport clio 172 exc
looking to getting some new tyres as i have a differant tread on each wheel and little or no grip from any of them, esp a new pirrelle that was a spare, bloody useless. haha

anyway, swithering over the paradas or goodyear f1s.

anyone got any info on which is better??? or they much the same.

cheers

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I have F1s on the back of the Vee and really rate them. Conversely a mate has Paradas on his 53 plate Astra GSi Turbo and reckons on them been utter toss. Of course, this might be just because it's an Astra, but I also found the F1s were cheaper heh - and I've always rated them on other cars so...

Dan

hahaha so one yeah and one ne.

the paradas are 20 buck cheeper for the 4 than the f1s which is my reason for considering them.

also id heard that f1s had been discontinued so looking for an alternative.

ill hold off till i get more reviews.

cheers lads

Over the past 2 years I have seen threads on "which tyre is better", personally I don't think you will get one true answer as it depends on how you drive and what type of weather you drive in.

Saying that though I have seen quite alot of ppl recommending the f1's. Andy used to have Parada's on the GDI demo car a while back iirc, but now he got R888's!

Mark

yeah i have been having a trawl through the past threads and your right everyone seems to have an opinion on whats best.

what i need is a good wet tyre. i stay in edinburgh and have few rainless days so thats a must.

ahhhhhhh i dont know! blackcircles has exaltos for 42 a tyre so they are now a possibility as well.

in fact i may just go for them as that is renault standered isnt it?

Re: anyone got an opinion on yokohama paradas?

yeah i have been having a trawl through the past threads and your right everyone seems to have an opinion on whats best.

what i need is a good wet tyre. i stay in edinburgh and have few rainless days so thats a must.

ahhhhhhh i dont know! blackcircles has exaltos for 42 a tyre so they are now a possibility as well.

in fact i may just go for them as that is renault standard isnt it?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
for the sake of £20 it has to be the f1s IMO cracking tyres.

williams 2
i run parada spec 2's. Very good in the dry but can get abit sketchy in the damp with fast driving!

f1 and pe2's are fantastic all rounders

178hp 172 Cup
from what i hear the Parada's are awesome in the dry!! especailly when warm!! dancup uses them on his and on track he rekons they are really good!! but in the wet they are supposed to be terrible!!

i run F1's and are equally as good on track!!! in the wet they are ok too!! but are more expensive than Parada's!!

PE2's are good too!! come on the Trophy as standard and i hav only heard good things about them!!

i hear the mention of 888's ;)

i am on them next for a track wheel

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Buying them online IME saves a matter of pence (unless you're fitting them yourself) - local places can get within a tenner or so and include fitting/valve/disposal etc and there is no hassle.

Dan

Buying them online IME saves a matter of pence (unless you're fitting them yourself) - local places can get within a tenner or so and include fitting/valve/disposal etc and there is no hassle.

Dan

yeah true in most cases, but got a mate that has his own lock up with pit etc and will fit and ballence all 4 for 20 bucks so cant gripe at that. :)

right think im am going to splash out on the pe2's as by all accounts they are the best in the wet and up hear thats what i drive in most of the time!!!! and if both ef1's and the paradas are poor in wet ill stay clear.

thanks for all the info dudes! much appriciated! :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Well I came from shite Nexans to the F1s on the rear of the V6 - and the F1s are as you'd expect MASSIVELY better in the dry and wet - but I can't compare them to any other performance tyre 'cos I haven't had any heh. I might get something else next then find that actually the F1s are toss in the wet :) They feel great at the moment - personally on a 1*2 I'd go for the PE2s - Renault designed the car with them in mind afterall.

Dan

ph quick
I had just ordered some paradas as they are dirt cheap, but after reading this whilst being on hold ive gone for the f1s, also cheap at 51 quid each.... So thanks gwuys