ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a 3 arm puller around cambridge? - Rear wheel bearing stuck on spindle :(

172 Cup
Hi all,

I appreciate I'm new, but does anyone in or around cambridge have a 3 arm puller?

Just gone to do my rear discs with my mate and the bloody bearing is stuck on the axle :(

Call / text me on 07783059813 if you can help please

Thanks

Dean

Lionel Richie
Re: Anyone got a 3 arm puller around cambridge? - Rear wheel bearing stuck on spindle

cut it off, its much more fun

172 Cup
Re: Anyone got a 3 arm puller around cambridge? - Rear wheel bearing stuck on spindle

^^^

I bought a puller today in the end, but still cant get it off.

Best way to cut it without ruining the stub axle???

t

Peddled device

I remember removing a bearing that that had stuck on the axle of 40' fridge box years ago. It literally welded itself to the stub! We used an angle grinder to cut most of it off, and then carefully used a hacksaw without cutting into the threads. If you can make two cuts into the bearing you may be able to carefully knock it off with a chisel.

SQ5
Angle grinder, I grinder the s**t out of an old one, very fulfilling too.

Doesn't matter if you nick the stub axle, be reet!

Clio

Hammer. Just whack it with a hammer.

172 Cup

Whacked it, pulled it, levered it, and the casing is still on!

My clio love has turned to rage in a 1 week of owning lol.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Same happened to me, bought a two
Arm and a three arm puller

Can't remember which one did the job but it worked

Ly Megane 230 F1

tried heating it up? i changed my rear brakes/bearings last week and used a map gas torch to heat the remainder of the bearing that was stuck on! came of with a few taps of a hammer after :)

Lionel Richie

GRINDER!! then whack it, it'll crack and slide off

172 Cup

Thanks all, my mate done the dirty on it with a grinder :)

Now, I seem to be missing these spacers????

Anyone got a pic, can you drive cup 172 without?

we've not destroyed it looking at the bits?

Dont really want to put disc on if this is a critical component and dont wanna take off again lol

Cheers guys

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

The reason it was stuck on will be the missing spacers. They're 100% vital

172 Cup

Thanks mate :)

Will order some tomorrow, I almost bolted back on but the site save me ;o)

Thanks again all, will no doubt post again soon