ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone good with Android? Trying to revive a Samsung...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Right so I was given a Galaxy Ace that was failing to boot. I tried the usual methods to try and get it booting again but didn't manage it. I came across someone else having the exact same issue so followed the instructions there...

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/So...n-t-get-past-Samsung-Boot-Screen/td-p/7971028

Got Kies, the drivers, the firmware and Odin! Phew.

Anyway, every time I try the install it fails :( this is what I get, mean anything to anyone!?

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> GT-I9100_XEU_I1900XWLP7_I9100XXLPS_I9100XE (goes off page)
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Successfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Then I click start...

<ID:0/004> boot.bin
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any ideas?

I've had my fair share of Samsungs and I can tell you now that a GT-I9100 is a Galaxy S2 so I wouldn't be flashing that without a really good reason. It's probably a good thing Odin failed to write it to the device. So while using Odin is correct - the firmware certainly is not!

Galaxy Ace is also a pretty ancient piece of hardware by todays standards and the internal memory is very low (150 odd mb if memory serves me correctly) and Samsung only bothered to update it as far as 2.3.6 before calling it a day. It's a great starter phone for Android and to learn flashing and rooting but it'll soon piss you off once you try installing apps and they can't be moved to the external SD card.
This forum might help you get to know the device a little better:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2609021
You'll want this for the firmware:
http://androidxda.com/samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830-stock-rom

He can't write the stock firmware which he's trying to do shown in the logs above.

Aside from doing it in Odin, not sure what else you're gonna be able to do. Sounds like the NAND is fecked.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
How did you get on?

Hey thanks for your help, just got round to trying the drivers and firmware you linked to... same thing :( fails every time.

The only thing it might be worth pointing out is that your link refers to the Ace as being a S5830, whereas when I enter the special menu on the actual phone it says at the top... Product: GT-S7500.

Hey thanks for your help, just got round to trying the drivers and firmware you linked to... same thing 😧 fails every time.

The only thing it might be worth pointing out is that your link refers to the Ace as being a S5830, whereas when I enter the special menu on the actual phone it says at the top... Product: GT-S7500.

Oh it's an Ace Plus! Yeah that'd fail with what I've linked you to lol like @Addicted said.
You able to put your hands on some Ace Plus firmware instead and try again? Alternatively if you want to drop me a PM and I'll add you on Facebook and have a go at walking you through this stuff in real-time.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Done! Yes it was all down to the firmware :smile: I installed BTU whatever that means? It seems to be the only one not tied to a network. Now, as I said before I believe this phone is locked to O2, is there a way to find out? Is there a way to unlock it for free? This is going to be my mum's first ever phone lol (yes phone not smartphone) and I like the sound of Three's 321 deal, just need to know what to do to get one of those SIMs working in there. Thanks for your help so far!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thanks for that but having another problem now... :pensive: never used Goggle Play before so trying to set up an account; whenever I do so it instantly pops up with 'A problem occurred while communicating with Goggle servers. Please try again later.' have now tried many times, any idea why that's coming up?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks for that but having another problem now... :pensive: never used Goggle Play before so trying to set up an account; whenever I do so it instantly pops up with 'A problem occurred while communicating with Goggle servers. Please try again later.' have now tried many times, any idea why that's coming up?
Yep.
You need the latest gapps program to install it.

Get gapps full from the xda website

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yep.
You need the latest gapps program to install it.

Get gapps full from the xda website

Thanks got that working and am into Google Play now. Unfortunately the unlock software you linked to doesn't work for me, the website says This app is incompatible with your device.

However got another one called GalaxSim Unlock, and when I try running that it comes up with No unlock method is currently available for this device. but also... Sim Lock Status: undefined. I wonder why it says it doesn't know basically?