ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone gone from Ktec/Apex 30mm to Eibachs?

172 cup
I know there are a lot of threads stating Eibach are superior to Apex, but most are comparing the Eibachs to larger drops than 30mm...
So, I'm just wondering if anyone has done this, and if so, was there a noticeable difference in ride quality?
(I'm still undecided on pro’s or sports, so looking for feedback on both if possible)

Thanks in advance

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
If it helps when I ran Alex springs they constantly banged together and gave the worst ride ive had, standards where far better for ride.

Alot of people say apexs give a very crashy ride backed up by what greenys jusy said^
The saying is Pros for go, Sports for show. reason being sports lower more than pros and i believe they are softer.
Dunno if that helps much tho.

Lionel Richie
pros for go, sports for show - load of rubbish

same spring in terms of ride quality and performance, just the sport adds the slightly lowered look

172 cup
Thanks for clearing that up Fred, it will definitely be the sports if any then...!

The Apex definitely have a very low ride quality, which is why I'm thinking of making the change... I was just wondering if the difference will be 'night and day' or only marginally noticeable?!

Stripped yozza'd cup
I've got prolines on mine and they're excellent. Saying that, if I were to buy them again, I'd probably go for sportlines.

172 cup
Well I ordered the sportlines from Kam Racing this morning, and they're being sent out today...!

Thanks to whoever I spoke to at Kam Racing, excellent service; and cheers for all of the replies!

i recently bought a ph1 172 on apex springs, i've never used such a bad spring, the ride is unbelievably bad... i'm looking to swap to eibachs or coilys asap as they are verging on dangerous at speed.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
i recently bought a ph1 172 on apex springs, i've never used such a bad spring, the ride is unbelievably bad... i'm looking to swap to eibachs or coilys asap as they are verging on dangerous at speed.

Probably sagged to s**t like mine did, mine also knocked like hell when driving at slow speeds :/

Probably sagged to s**t like mine did, mine also knocked like hell when driving at slow speeds :/

yep and rusted, every car i've ever owned i've lowered and this one i'd rather it be OEM, freds built it an amazing engine and it sings, the car could be great only i go over a bump in the road and the car nearly crashes. not good. need them gone.

i was going to sell them on after a shotblast and spray but i'm not actually wanting to endanger anyone!

Italian 3.2 V6
Apex arnt all that bad tbf, iv had loads of diff springs on my 1*2's don't get me wrong they have the worst ride out of the bunch but Not by much, there not as bad as what people make out.

Put it this way my better half didn't even relise I'd changed springs so there isn't that much of a change. I think alot of it is just all in the head. I won't be going back to eibech, I'd rather have the far better stance over the slightly better ride quality!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Apex arnt all that bad tbf, iv had loads of diff springs on my 1*2's don't get me wrong they have the worst ride out of the bunch but Not by much, there not as bad as what people make out.

Put it this way my better half didn't even relise I'd changed springs so there isn't that much of a change. I think alot of it is just all in the head. I won't be going back to eibech, I'd rather have the far better stance over the slightly better ride quality!

It really isnt, they were dire, maybe ok for the first 6 months.

Italian 3.2 V6
Well i bought mine 2nd hand and no signs of rust etc like mentioned above. Infact the pro-lines I had on before caused a knocking noise on full lock.. There is no nock with the apex springs.. Not sure how new/old these apex springs are mind, so that may have something to do with it.

But so far, not all that bad in my experience.

thats fair enough for you but hell even my gran said the clios crashy, you cant argue with that lol.

absolute pap. cant wait to get the megane fixed now so i can re-roll KWV3... ;)

Clio 182 Titanium
my 182 has apex springs on and it is abit harsh on bumps, you are constantly looking for potholes etc so they can be avoided...
+ even with 40mm lower they seems to rub a little bit. I like the lower look and its good in the twisties but the gf drives it day to day and wants the standard springs back in.

172 Cup
I've Apex in my 172 but they are a little low for me. I'll maybe try out a set of H&R Springs or change to coilovers soon. They don't react very well when there is someone in the back of the car.