ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone going to Autosport on the 9th January?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just wondered if anyone wanted to car share or convoy or whatever if they are heading up from the southwest for the trade day on Thurs the 9th Jan?

ITB BG 182
Do they have a Friday session? I would prefer a Friday due to less brats...! Also the 9th is a Wednesday and the show is on 10th to 13th?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Arse, Thursday the 10th I meant, was just thinking about a hotel for the 9th which threw me!

Trade day is only on the thursday I believe mate. (the egineering bit which mosts interests me isnt there on the non trade days)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well, I was going up on the Saturday because someone was coming with me, but I'll see if they can get the day off and go on the Thursday.

Trade days > public days anyway.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well, I was going up on the Saturday because someone was coming with me, but I'll see if they can get the day off and go on the Thursday.

Trade days > public days anyway.

I had to work there on a saturday once, was fecking mayhem the number of people there, god knows how they got to see anything, sod that!

Clio 182
My work won't shut up about it lol, they say it's a really good show, we actually have promo-girls this year too! Score! 2 quite fit blondes lol. (You're definitely coming over now arn't you Chip ;))

Getting our stand together now.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
TBH mate, I cant stand braindead tarts at events like this, I just dont see the point, I can go to a nightclub or stripclub and look at birds any time I want, but I can only go to autosport once a year so would sooner see the actual car related technology with that time than tits and arse.

Clio 182
Each to their own I suppose. They're actually friends of an employee though, don't seem THAT braindead.

Will be my first time going to Autosport, should be a nice change from the usual Chav-fest.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Each to their own I suppose. They're actually friends of an employee though, don't seem THAT braindead.

Will be my first time going to Autosport, should be a nice change from the usual Chav-fest.

If they cant talk to me about transient fuelling control algorythms, they add no value to your companies stand IMHO

But I am sure I am VERY much in the minority there, and they will be good for your business in general!

Been a few times now - last time in 2011 - but each time I seems almost identical? But I think that's just the fact Allan McNish is the star guest each time?

Might go again - not trade day though :(

How do you get trade tickets?

Went last year on a trade day with college and that was busy enough would hate to go on a public day.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I put our order through months ago I'm afraid mate. Plus we only have 2 tickets each year so might look a bit suspicious if I suddenly order 20. Lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Are trade days just as busy as normal public days but with less hood rats walking round?

Far less busy, and you have the engineering area to look around as well which is good if you are a car bore rather than a car enthusiast (ie if you like looking at inlet valves or wiring connectors etc and random bits like that rather than the headline grabbing shiney shock absorbers etc)