ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone give me an idea of parts cost from Renault - 197 just been hit up the back

Land Rover
It’s acceptable for the repairers to quote pattern parts on a ten year old car with 90,000 miles valued at under £3k
As it’s not going to be a show car at that age/mileage and neither is it a classic or special value model.

For instance a front bumper for a 2005-2009 Polo costs £450
The pattern one is £60 and is fine unless you are showing the car at the VW Club Concours.

Could make the difference between repair and write off if the car is only worth £2,000.

Last edited:
I just really don't understand why he's not going through insurance.

Who the hell wants the hassle of sorting parts/repairs, life is too short. He fucked up, insurance can deal with it, move on, no time wasted lol.

911 GT3, 320i, M3
The point of not going though the insurance was he either paid the body shop upfront or bought the car off me, not me buggering about fixing it myself.

To be fair him turning up with cash for the car could have been a lot less hassle than dealing with insurance companies, it’s going though insurance now I’ve sent them the quote if had and in my mind it’s faily obvious it will end up written off.

Only asked about parts prices to worn him it was likely to be a write off and to expect the worse, as the deal with not going through insurance was that I’d have cash in my hand the following day.

The point of not going though the insurance was he either paid the body shop upfront or bought the car off me, not me buggering about fixing it myself.

To be fair him turning up with cash for the car could have been a lot less hassle than dealing with insurance companies, it’s going though insurance now I’ve sent them the quote if had and in my mind it’s faily obvious it will end up written off.

Only asked about parts prices to worn him it was likely to be a write off and to expect the worse, as the deal with not going through insurance was that I’d have cash in my hand the following day.

Fair.

Planning to buy back and fix cheaply, or move on?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
A standard rear number from renault without the diffuser is £239+ Vat
The Diffuser for a standard 197 is £350+ vat

Thats a total of £589+vat for two parts alone.

Clio 197
£350?! You can pick one up second hand for £50 with all the clips intact and in good condition.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
£350?! You can pick one up second hand for £50 with all the clips intact and in good condition.

Yes I know this but its renault prices for you and the insurance are not going to look for used ones on ebay now.

A Clio 200 difffuser is £891.34 + Vat. (£1069.61) and then you have your chrome tips which are £49.75+vat (£59.70) and thats per tip as they don't come as a pair.

Clio 197
Yes I know this but its renault prices for you and the insurance are not going to look for used ones on ebay now.

A Clio 200 difffuser is £891.34 + Vat. (£1069.61) and then you have your chrome tips which are £49.75+vat (£59.70) and thats per tip as they don't come as a pair.
Very true. Can't believe how much a 200 diffuser is!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Love all the people panicking when it's not even their car.

Think it's perfectly normal for a youngster to want to explore the cost of repair sans insurance. If you're sensible it'll cost a fraction of the claim value through an insurer. There's also the point that once you've called the insurers you can't undo the call, but you can always call them tomorrow.

911 GT3, 320i, M3
that's exactly what my thinking was.

Car has now been written off and agreed a value of £2800, bought the car back for £475 so I can use it whilst I find something else.

Not sure what I'll end up buying but sure at some point I'll end up with a clio 200 as I've already moved from a 172 - 182 - 197 with various things therebetween.

Last edited:
  911 GT3, 320i, M3
A friend of mine races a 197 so I've said he can have it for what i paid for it, I guess he'll brake it, sell all of the road car bits and hopefully end up with a number of spaces for the race car with minimal outlay.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
£475 that's mad. Cat D I assume then?

I'd probably see it as an excuse to swap it for something. But you know the car so the sensible thing would be to repair it I'd have thought?

If it's straight and it's just the boot floor then that shouldnt be a huge task for someone competent.. get a used bumper, have it sprayed, new exhaust. Job jobbed.

that's exactly what my thinking was.

Car has now been written off and agreed a value of £2800, bought the car back for £475 so I can use it whilst I find something else.

Not sure what I'll end up buying but sure at some point I'll end up with a clio 200 as I've already moved from a 172 - 182 - 197 with various things therebetween.
If your mate does not want it, please let me know as looking for a 197 for my next project

911 GT3, 320i, M3
H2MRK, I'll let you know if there's a change of plan.

Was quite tempted to just fix it myself but I really don't have time at the moment.