ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone fitted a 1.8t vw/seat/skoda lump in there 1*2

hey all , how easy or hard would it be to fit a 1.8t into the clio , just wondering as i have had loads of 1.8t cars and the reliability is really good , and very easily tuned !!! they can handle 320-340bhp without messing with the internals as well .....

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Mattblack did it. Norm just played around with it:

Pre Ph2 & Respray:

cliott.gif

After front end conversion and more powerrrr

01082008219.gif

01082008217.gif

FCS0820091205b800x6005d_disp6401.gif

FCS0820096205b800x6005d_disp6401.gif

01062008153.gif

Its possible but IIRC everything engine wise is custom. Driveshafts etc. Mattblack is a very cleaver bloke though.

YOu need massive balls & a lot of cash to do it IMO.

172 Cup
Mattblack did it. Norm just played around with it:

Pre Ph2 & Respray:

cliott.gif

After front end conversion and more powerrrr

01082008219.gif

01082008217.gif

FCS0820091205b800x6005d_disp6401.gif

FCS0820096205b800x6005d_disp6401.gif

01062008153.gif

Its possible but IIRC everything engine wise is custom. Driveshafts etc. Mattblack is a very cleaver bloke though.

YOu need massive balls & a lot of cash to do it IMO.

and n0rm made it road legal, he was such a legend! :)

172 Cup
It was always road legal (didn't have MOT).

Norm fixed it as it needed a lot of effort to start it (petrol poured into the engine or something). Also improved it - Then sold it as it scared him (poof LOL) :rasp:

build thread here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=338368.

Search for threads started by MATT BLACK for more info too.

No it wasnt, when i saw it, it didnt even have headlights or rear lights!!

n0rmy sold it because it was to fast for the road, if he crashed it would of been lights out:eek:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Ah right. AFAIK it was just the lights/engine he fixed.

He scared me in it lol. Sack driving that every day.

Numerous people who drove it as well were scared of it. Only a tank like Matt (norm) would have been able to control the torque steer! I miss it :(

172 Cup
Ah right. AFAIK it was just the lights/engine he fixed.

He scared me in it lol. Sack driving that every day.

Numerous people who drove it as well were scared of it. Only a tank like Matt (norm) would have been able to control the torque steer! I miss it :(

Yeah and he resprayed it did n0rm, was funny that, i went round to find him spraying it on his drive WTF!

n0rmy could handle the car, mind he should be able to, like you say, hes built like a BRICK SH1THOUSE!!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
and another.

[youtube]z6DG-LLRcEc[/youtube]

There is one of it against an evo (and a ferrari unless im mistaken) somewhere but i can't find it.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
didnt mattblack say it'd spin the wheels all the way up the strip sometimes and diecide to torque steer randomly sometimes? madness

williams and trophy
was done in a mk1 too...only that handled as well as having the straight line grunt. flan built that 1 tho.

[youtube]D4DTYrE3pWw[/youtube]

williams and trophy
lol no mate he was toying with me........i was pretty much flat out, hence passing pretty much evrything else, 225 megs, 197s, 182s, 172s, and other williams es.

altho mine was running std williams cams and a std 1.8 valver head at the time due to the kent cams exploding and destroying the top end

williams and trophy
pe2s ..my road tyres.....and they usually get me home too ;)............just lol

altho it had a539s on the back on that vid.

M

mini-valver

Drove Norm's a few times, was mega. Pretty placid and driveable when you're not gunning it. When you did work your way through the box though it was f**king daft. Left shaft was about a foot long so it torque steered like fook.

Not comfortable going to the IOM either. Especially with a broken elbow and a battery that leaks all over your leg.

Golf GTD Mk7
lol no mate he was toying with me........i was pretty much flat out, hence passing pretty much evrything else, 225 megs, 197s, 182s, 172s, and other williams es.

altho mine was running std williams cams and a std 1.8 valver head at the time due to the kent cams exploding and destroying the top end

ah were you in front then? thought you had the turbo. ;)

williams and trophy
lol.no mate.i wouldnt butcher a williams to do that..........sacreledge ;)

Last edited:
  BMW M5 & E36