ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone fancy swapping Macbooks?

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a 15 inch retina, 256gb SSD, 8gb RAM model that I've had for about 4 months now, however it isn't fitting in with my requirements and I need more disk space. I have bought external thunderbolt drives but it becomes cumbersome using multiple drives and I am limited by the speed of the drive itself so I am looking at trading down to a non retina macbook that I can put a bigger SSD in.

So would anyone be interested in doing a deal on their 2011+ MBP? Obviously I would want some sort of cash or other exchange on top, i.e a mac mini or ipad...

Anyway, strange request but I don't see what else I can do short of selling it on eBay.

Oh, it also has 3 years apple care on it...

Pics:

5188ed75ceb0b_1.gif
5188ed75ef281_1.gif
5188ed761b223_1.gif

I might be interested.
I've got a 2011 MacBook Pro with an OCZ SSD and 1TB (iirc) HDD too, so I removed the optical drive (which I still have).

I'm just about to fly back to the UK at the moment so let me get back and have a think, and I can let you know the exact specs of mine too.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Ok pal. I did the same on my last macbook 17 that I sold to get this. I should have just stayed with that, 512 M4 in the HDD bay and 1TB sata in the optibay. Makes more sense for my video editing, 256gb just isn't enough and the lack of ability to upgrade is something I overlooked. :(

Edit: Processor is the i& 6MB L3 Cache 2.3ghz. The part number of the laptop is MC975B/A.

I assume its the i7 ;)

Mines an i7 too. I'll get the full specs up later this evening.

Mines also got the anti glare screen if that makes a difference.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
I assume its the i7 ;)

Mines an i7 too. I'll get the full specs up later this evening.

Mines also got the anti glare screen if that makes a difference.

Yeah sorry, the i7. I'd actually prefer the antiglare this time round, you ok with the glossy? Not sure then do the retina in antiglare?

Yeh I wouldn't mind it.

Probably the best thing is PM me your mob number and we can have a chat about it. It'll be a lot easier than faffing about on here.

Could be interested... is the SSD upgradable at all in those, or is it soldered? My MBP is an early 2011, i7, AMD Radeon HD 6490M, 256MB GDDR5, 500GB HDD, 8GB RAM

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Neither RAM nor HDD are upgradeable, both are soldered to the board. Its essentialy an expensive AIR. I knew about the RAM but assumed I could upgrade the disk and rushed into the purchase.

For sure? I'm finding some stuff that says its not, but rather Apple have used a proprietary card format rather than the common format, and it is replaceable with the correct format of drive.

FF Clio 182
RAM definitely soldered to board. SSD potentially changeable I think. Anyway, I'll put mine firmly on the table.

SSD on retina is changeable if you have about £600 for 250GB. Not a standard form factor and only one company besides Apple where you can get them.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Had an offer of a 2011 13" pro and an iPad min 4G or 300 quid which Im considering....Hmmmm

​Ricardino, what were you thinking?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've got a late 2012 13" pro, upgraded to 8GB crucial, 2.4GHz i5 500GB hard drive.
What kind of deal would you be after? Only problem is I'd probably need both Laptops at the same time to make sure I set it up properly for my CNC machine etc....

I have Parallels loaded onto it also which I could leave on if you need windows XP stuff.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
I'd just want a fair deal. The resale price of mine is about 1300 second hand. So if your macbook was worth 800 I'd want the £500 difference (either in cash or another item like an iPad). For you to buy this macbook new would be £1799.

Your specific macbook is worth about 800 second hand so let me know if you are interested. I've no problem with meeting to do a proper swap including time machine etc so it worked with your stuff. I have no need for parallels as I use bootcamp for windows.

What value would you put mine as?

2011 MBP
i7 2.66Ghz
8GB 1067Mhz RAM
160GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
500GB HDD
Anti glare

​Cant think of any other main specs!

15" of course too

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
I've just been using eBay as a guide and looking at completed listings for that spec. Seems a reasonable way of assessing value. Does yours have thunderbolt? Also, is the screen the high res one?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'd just want a fair deal. The resale price of mine is about 1300 second hand. So if your macbook was worth 800 I'd want the £500 difference (either in cash or another item like an iPad). For you to buy this macbook new would be £1799.

Your specific macbook is worth about 800 second hand so let me know if you are interested. I've no problem with meeting to do a proper swap including time machine etc so it worked with your stuff. I have no need for parallels as I use bootcamp for windows.

I am interested dude, but just bought an iPad and thunderbolt display so haven't got any spare money at the minute. How soon are you looking to change?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Let me see what I can do funds wise and I'll drop you a pm.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Looking like I will be swapping for a 13" MBP with apple care and a 4G iPad Mini tomorrow unless I get a better offer...