ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone fancy showing me how to bleed brakes?

Clio 182
Hey guys anyone near Staines/heathrow/Chertsey know how to bleed brakes willing to show me/give me a hand? Bought some ate super blue.

LY FF182
Use a pipet to suck out the old fluid from the reservoir, fill with super blue, open N/S/R bleed nipple and have someone pump the pedal until blue fluid comes out the caliper (catching the fluid with a suitable pipe and bottle) and make sure the reservoir doesn't run dry. You be screwed if that happens. Close nipple then repeat for O/S/R, then N/S/F then O/S/F. Check fluid level and go.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Just get a gunsons eazibleed. Plug on to reservoir, pressure with tyre, indoor brake nipples. 1 person, dos

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
I vote for Eezibleed too. I did the clutch hydraulics on my 924S with it, simples, for what is a notoriously difficult job normally.Get one via eBay, I think I paid 12 or 13 pounds from memory.

only problem with eezibleed is if you cant get a seal.

just gravity bled my car, takes ages tho like 30 mins per corner. Fronts are quicker obviously, wont work very well if you already have air in the system but if you dont its fine.

^ the VS820 is a much better piece of kit.

Ive just had trouble getting it to seal on the res. If you fill the f**ker with brake fluid too and it leaks.. mess and im not sure if its still bad for paintwork.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I have a sealey vacuum bleeder that connects to a compressor, first time I tried it the weekend and I gave up in the end and did it the old fashioned way get someone to press the pedal down while undoing the nipple.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My easybleed leaks from the tyre valve end and I've had a new one sent out and it still won't seal. They work but are a bit cheaply made

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
You guys with the easibleed problems - you aren't using your car tyres to pressurise are you? If you are, have you reduced the pressure to <20psi first?

I've used many of these kits and every one has selaed correctly unless excess pressure has been used.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
I reduce tyre pressure to 18psi when using the Eezibleed, and have no sealing problems. The instructions do clearly mention this.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
^ the VS820 is a much better piece of kit.

Ive just had trouble getting it to seal on the res. If you fill the f**ker with brake fluid too and it leaks.. mess and im not sure if its still bad for paintwork.

I have the Laser version of that. Pressurise it empty first to test for any air leaks, then fill with fluid once you've got it properly sealed.