ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone fancy a meet in chester?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
ahh right ye should be good :) i have never been on a meet just mainly go 2 oulton with a few m8s so its all gonna be new 2 me lol

nope like 2 mins away live like half mile away from the school

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
1, v6clo
2, 172flamer
3, Mike
4, Glenn182
5, aucky
6, greeni1.2
7, MADNESS88
8. Zorr
9. Maz
10. Adam-o
11. dannybmate
12.leewxm
13.d4h182
14.jamie.91 (maybe)
15. crazyasswhiteboy
16. jc172rs
17. Cop182
18. Keo (maybe)
19. Camble (maybe)
20. Clio_Al
21. SEAN16V
22. Sumner (maybe)
23. CJGREEN (maybe)
24. XxHarDinGxX (maybe)
25. Fastdanbar
26. keith185. (From cliotrophy.co.uk)
27.SONNYV6. (From v6clio.net)
28.Jacko21. (from v6clio.net)
29.Woody. (from clio197.net)
30. Tailslide (from clio197.net)
31. Keiran197 ( from clio197.net if not working)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Will my ph1 be the only here?

I wasnt sure if you were up for it mate hows she running now? hope that you do fancy the meet theres going to be one other ph1 172 and 1 ph1 v6 possibly 2. So can i add your name to the listed????

ph1 172
Yeh add my name! I got a carbon bonnet today so ill fit it asap but not sure wether its gonna go with my wheels! Shes running ok but exhaust is doing my head in knocking on rear axle all the time and blowing from cat to mid box!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
1, v6clo
2, 172flamer
3, Mike
4, Glenn182
5, aucky
6, greeni1.2
7, MADNESS88
8. Zorr
9. Maz
10. Adam-o
11. dannybmate
12.leewxm
13.d4h182
14.jamie.91 (maybe)
15. crazyasswhiteboy
16. jc172rs
17. Cop182
18. Keo (maybe)
19. Camble (maybe)
20. Clio_Al
21. SEAN16V
22. Sumner (maybe)
23. CJGREEN (maybe)
24. XxHarDinGxX (maybe)
25. Fastdanbar
32.lee87.

I am glad that shes running ok now . Where did you get the bonnet from i know someone thats after one and i am sure it will look great.

ph1 172
Oh yeh an will you take me for a spin in the v6! Ive never been in one! Ask wether people wana venture to the ponderosa aswell! Would be a good drive in a 32 car convoy

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I think everyone will be going on a drive we have just got to see where every one fancys going. The convoy is going to be ace i think if we leave root n shoots as a group then go into two groups O and I think there is going to be more than 32 of us.

the last time we went out as a big group.
DSC06256.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 172 "Ruby"
Not all garages are perfect, even Renault! Thats why I like to try and do everything myself, oil change, brakes, bearings, suspension, exhaust, undersealing, air intake, ignition leads, sparkies etc. Not saying im a mechanic at all, I wouldnt touch an engine or gearbox for instance, prob takes me a little more time but I love doing it, learn every time and I get to know my car inside out :) thats the best thing

An me lol plus it's far cheaper

a low one
1, v6clo
2, 172flamer
3, Mike
4, Glenn182
5, aucky
6, greeni1.2
7, MADNESS88
8. Zorr
9. Maz
10. Adam-o
11. dannybmate
12.leewxm
13.d4h182
14.jamie.91 (maybe)
15. crazyasswhiteboy
16. jc172rs
17. Cop182
18. Keo (maybe)
19. Camble (maybe)
20. Clio_Al
21. SEAN16V
22. Sumner (maybe)
23. CJGREEN (maybe)
24. XxHarDinGxX (maybe)
25. Fastdanbar
32.lee87.
33. gunner3011 ( if i can get off work )

Clio 172 "Ruby"
Ooo look at all the people these maybe should change to yessssss come on guys it's gonna be a wicked day out

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
1, v6clo
2, 172flamer
3, Mike
4, Glenn182
5, aucky
6, greeni1.2
7, MADNESS88
8. Zorr
9. Maz
10. Adam-o
11. dannybmate
12.leewxm
13.d4h182
14.jamie.91 (maybe)
15. crazyasswhiteboy
16. jc172rs
17. Cop182
18. Keo (maybe)
19. Camble (maybe)
20. Clio_Al
21. SEAN16V
22. Sumner (maybe)
23. CJGREEN (maybe)
24. XxHarDinGxX (maybe)
25. Fastdanbar
32.lee87.
34.v16daf

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
The meet is at roots n shoots chester ch3 5qd at 11am start, setting off at 12 in to wales on the 5th of march.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
My m8 is in the process of bookin out his camera equipment so should be all good there, I have been told to ask for you to list down what sorta shots you would like I.e. Fly bys (would be good havin 30odd RS's fly past in a line), rolling car shots (side by side car shot), static shots in car parks, also if u wanted to a do passenger ride shot he would be quite happy to jump in and film then as well.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
1, v6clo
2, 172flamer
3, Mike
4, Glenn182
5, aucky
6, greeni1.2
7, MADNESS88
8. Zorr
9. Maz
10. Adam-o
11. dannybmate
12.leewxm
13.d4h182
14.jamie.91 (maybe)
15. crazyasswhiteboy
16. jc172rs
17. Cop182
18. Keo (maybe)
19. Camble (maybe)
20. Clio_Al
21. SEAN16V
22. Sumner (maybe)
23. CJGREEN (maybe)
24. XxHarDinGxX (maybe)
25. Fastdanbar
32.lee87.
34.v16daf
35. ty182

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
My m8 is in the process of bookin out his camera equipment so should be all good there, I have been told to ask for you to list down what sorta shots you would like I.e. Fly bys (would be good havin 30odd RS's fly past in a line), rolling car shots (side by side car shot), static shots in car parks, also if u wanted to a do passenger ride shot he would be quite happy to jump in and film then as well.

Mate he's the camera man let's just let him do what he thinks is best but I'd love to see him get some moveing shots.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye he will do his stuff he just wondered if u had anything that u rele wanted to have shot?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Lloyd a.k.a Cameraman: Hey guys, im dans mate who will be filmin this meet. Can i organise a meeting with whoever is in charge of the convoy before the arrival of everyone else so that i can get a plan of the day so i know where and when i can set up some great looking camera angles/shots?
Cheers
Lloyd

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Lloyd a.k.a Cameraman: Hey guys, im dans mate who will be filmin this meet. Can i organise a meeting with whoever is in charge of the convoy before the arrival of everyone else so that i can get a plan of the day so i know where and when i can set up some great looking camera angles/shots?
Cheers
Lloyd

I am not sure yet what the plan is cos its going to be such a big meet think we will be going up to the horse shoe pass then in to north wales or to bala. if you want to meet up befor the meet just send me a pm.

182 cup
Could take a trip over to oulton park too, big car park and hills make for some good group shots.

There is a trackday on that day so entry will be free

keo

Clio Trophy
think we can all sneak out on track? haha that would of been good fun, 30+ clio's going round oulton :)

BMW E34 540i
Track scares hell out of me - knowing my luck I will crash hopefully not into any of you. So I would rather watch then go around. Yeah Yeah I know I am woos but finance conditions are clear about the track days. :nono:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I feel similarly to you Zorr. I'd only go on the track if I was on my own.
The trophy will eventually be a track car but I need it for work etc right now.

182 cup
Why are you convinced you will crash? It's more dangerous on the 'spirited' drives we go on!

Track driving is the biggest thrill, everyone should try it!!!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
That camera idea sounds awesome!!! :) Can he send us the photos afterwards via email?

I don't think he's doin photos he's only got video gear I think but I will ask if he has photography gear as well, and uploading them I will speak 2 v6clo and we will sort somethin out so u can get access :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye YouTube is prob the easiest way to get it around and we will post the link on the thread :)

But we will need confirmation from all those on the film to make it public access because we don't wana be puttin it up and some1 turnin round and say why is my car on the net take it off because then that means a whole re-edit which would a right pain in the @rse :S

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I think there will be alot of photos taken so i wouldnt worry to much v16daf some one will send you some and i think alot of them will get uploadsed on to here have a look at some of are pasted meets.

fastdanbar dont worry to much if you mate can only get his video gear but it would be ace if he could take some good photos i am a kindia point and shoot guy so it would be ace if we got someone to do some good ones.

And as for oulton park if theres enough people that are up for going for a few good big group photos i can think of a few good spots aswell as oulton park.

so what are people up for?????

A) meet in chester for photos, then horse shoe pass photos then more into wales?

B)meet in chester for photos then got for some photos in a few spots around chester/oulton park (within 20/30mins drive) have a chat then photos in the spots then of to horse shoe pass

C)???????

I have got little trick up my sleeve for oulton park but ive still got to sort that out thats for another meet anyway..

and please remember this meet isnt a race if you fancy going a bit hard go for it but please people just drive how that feel comfortable. Its not a race.

Id love to do a track day but not in the vee unless it was nice and chilled.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Okey dokey I will get onto him if he doesn't have any in his grasp he maybe able to source some if I give him enough time in advance to ask about, I will get onto him tonight ;)

And as for the idea of where to go I think we need a weather report for my choice because if it's a rele good day it would be Wales for some awesome hill passes and great views in the shots IMO but if it's not a great day maybe it's worth saving that long sorta Wales run for later in the summer??