ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone ever hit the limiter in 5th....

Rusty Cup
As per heading just wondered if anyone else had experienced this? it seemed strange at the time, definitely wasnt expecting it.

Im sure there will be a few :nono: but hey it is what it is :D

Rusty Cup
where are all the people that say stuff like "you better watch what you say the police monitor this site!!!" or similarly unapproving comments.

Its early days yet tho i spose :D

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Haha I'm suprised theres this many people saying yes. I'd never even dreamt of doing that, can't see it ever happening in a 1.4 tbh.

Iceburg 172
yeh i have, altho i think my abusive driving skills are why ive made my gearbox and engine shart itself in the last 23 days :(

PH1 Oddy, M140i
I hit my increased limiter at 8000rpm in 5th doing 160 in Switzerland....I sort of miss my Clio some times. You don't need to get anywhere near the limiter in the Scooby to get best results.

Audi S1
Imagine if you hit someone at that speed...

I laughed for some reason not for them gettin hurt but 2 see them fly

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
can hit the limiter in top gear for poops and giggles, but wouldn't ever do it on a pubic highway as its not worth the risk.