ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone ever buy a new ph1 steering wheel from renault?

audi a6 3.0tdi
hi ant it's chris from halfords how you doing? not sure if you can still get them but a few firms are retrimming them but they want as much as a decent aftermarket wheel.

lol alright dude, long time no see :) ive joined your gang it would seem ;)

yeah seen the re-trims, that will be my fall back if i cant get new tbh, but im a sucker for OE.

aftermarket, yuck!

Stagecoach Ticket
£150 was the going rate for a re trim last time i looked does look very smart! but you can pick up a smaller omp wheel and boss for like £60 so its better to do that and chuck the manky old one back on before re sale

Not sure if reno still do them i would assume they do as its a common fault will be mega bucks though.

J

Stagecoach Ticket
haha thats impressive from a D16!

When i finish Uni in couple years time i will be starting an EG build but dnt have the time or money for 3 cars atm

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
just wondered if they were still available, and price? cheers team :)

Yes they are still available as i have just bought a ph1 with a worn wheel, they are £250 and i think that was + vat, the one in my car was worn at 12k when the last owner bought it.
I even gave Renault uk a call to see if they would pay anything towards a new one as i am also a OE nut, but they have never seen the bad steering wheels as a problem

Stagecoach Ticket
And really thats a pretty cheap build! still abit to much for me to handle atm need to get this school rubbish sorted

thats a fair price really, OE is never cheap. my only problem would be if it wore very quickly again as you mention, i would be a bit upset then, hmmmm

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
£250+ vat! does tht include airbag? and was that with or without any kind of discounts?
Dont be silly, the air bag is another part and the price was to joe blogs so i would think that i would get a bit off.

thats a fair price really, OE is never cheap. my only problem would be if it wore very quickly again as you mention, i would be a bit upset then, hmmmm
Same here tbh thats why i am going for a re trimed leather one, the guy who i bought my car off of said it was in the condition its in now when he bought it at 12k so god knows at what mileage they get worn at.