ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone dropped their iPhone in water?

i dropped my 3 month old 3gs down the pan on sat night, its totally had it, backlights gubbed, its vibrating randomly, gettin an 'accessory not compatible msg, touch screen doesnt work so cant get it out of the lock screen etc etc

anyway, the water damage indicator has gone off in the headphone jack but not on the charger jack, been trailing the net looking for the best thing to do with it and have dropped a little bleach into the headphone jack to get it to turn white again. i

if i took it to an apple store with both the visible indicators white, acted dumb, do you think they will open it right up to check the other indicators? obviously would be great if they just replaced it :)

57 Clio Campus Sport
I dropped my 2g in the loo a while back, turned off and dried out, turned on and the screen was backward and faded, thought It was fucked, remembered it last week, so charged it up, turned it on and all was good, restored and updated it and had no problems at all lol. Dropped my 3GS on the floor once so far nearly cried haha

i have got insurance, thing is, i originally got an htc hd2 from mobile phones direct with the free insurance but i didnt like the phone so done a straight swap with someone for the iphone. mobile phones direct dont even sell iphones so i think im pretty fucked :-( hence me askin about the apple shop checkin they sensors, bloody loved that phone as well! sniff!

Titanium 182
They might give you the money. Alternatively get a hero sell it then put to to get another iphone.

Barge
Ah they check them all mate, you won't get a sniff out of Apple.

Try what Menzo says, leave it to dry out for a while. Give it a go, if it works, then Bobby Dazzler if not "Hi Apple, £600 is that? I'll pull my panties down shortly."

Take out insurance with someone else, 15 days later claim?*

*I do not condone insurance fraud.

House/bank insurance > "Hi. I've just bought an iPhone and I need to add it to my policy"

Fast forward a sensible amount of time

"Hi. I've just dropped my iPhone in my pee pee"

57 Clio Campus Sport
Mine was backward for about a month after I did it, so gave up and came back to it a few months later, long wait lol

Needster said:
Ah they check them all mate, you won't get a sniff out of Apple.

Try what Menzo says, leave it to dry out for a while. Give it a go, if it works, then Bobby Dazzler if not "Hi Apple, £600 is that? I'll pull my panties down shortly."

Take out insurance with someone else, 15 days later claim?*

*I do not condone insurance fraud.

3GS is only £450 ain't it?

tried the rice trick to no avail :( ill phone mobile phones direct 2morrow and see what they say but wont be gettin my hopes up

Barge
Unless they've got a clause in their policy about covering the iPhone then ring up to register it? And do as I and Revels have said a few weeks or a month or so down the line...

Mrs dropped hers down the pan, a night on a hot radiator in a bag of dry rice and it was sorted. As for the iphone...

Does get that airphone compatibility message though

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I dropped mine in the bath!

Switched it off and let it dry out on the radiator for a week and it's now as good as new (zero errors, moisture behind screen, lens etc)! In fact you'd never know lol!

I believe Apple will swap it for a referbished unit if you take it to them. I believe a 3g 8gig is £130...

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I dropped my 3g in water a few times, the bath a puddle. Lol they dry out and work fine. Mine did exactly what yours is doing too. If you have an airing cupboard put it in there. I used a hair dryer too.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
How do people drop their phones down the toilet?

I mean, i go in the bathroom to have a piss or a s**t. I don't go in there to text or make a call...

Megane 225 F1

I mean, i go in the bathroom to have a piss or a s**t. I don't go in there to text or make a call...

Too right. And if i am using it, its because im taking a huge s**t and even then dropping it down the toilet would be imposible....

Titanium 182
Go have a big shite in the night with the lights off then use the flashlight application to turn around and admire your work before the flush I reckon.

When I did it I went into the toilet when texting put it on top of the toilet ready to have a piss then it slipped off. Thankfully before I had even unzipped.

I dropped mine down the bog. Instantly switched the fucker off... Took sim card and tray out and left it in the airing cupboard submerged in rice for a week. The sim card was soaking too so water was everywhere. Week later... All was fine. Worst thing u can do is leave it on.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
House/bank insurance > "Hi. I've just bought an iPhone and I need to add it to my policy"

Fast forward a sensible amount of time

"Hi. I've just dropped my iPhone in my pee pee"

This LOL.

+1 Seb. Everyone seems to drop their phones down the toilet?

Fiesta ST-2

Could be playing GT Racing / F1 over enthuastically and fall of the toilet and loose grip of the Iphone?.... lol

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
If you damage your iphone book an appointment with the genius bar at a local apple retailer (see their website) and you can buy a refurbished phone from them for much less then a new one would cost. :) I have done this with the gf's iphone when the screen got cracked.

Clio 182
I dropped my old iphone 2G in a pint and at the time, it was completely foooooked. Kept displaying the same message as the OP.

Turned it off and left it to dry out for a few days, then fully charged it and it worked fine. Worth a try before biting the bullet and buying a replacement if you can't get it replaced FOC.

I don't know about the iPhone specifically, but I had something similar years ago.

I dropped a f**king expensive touch screen AV remote control into a pint of Strongbow. Rinsed it through under a cold tap, dumped it in the airing cupboard for a week. Good as new. However, if you've been trying to use it when its all wet and shorting inside, it's probably fucked.

Don't take electrical devices into the bathroom. Duh.

Honda civic ep2 05
My mate dived into the pool with his 3gs in his swimming shorts was funny at the time but was knackered, didnt help the fact took him few mins to realise and everyone in the hotel pissed themselves, he just hada buy a new one.

Arctic blue 182 (05)
iPhones can be checked whether they had been submerged in water, which would be classed as intentional damage.
They look down the stereo point at the top and if its turned pink (believe theres a white indicator) it means its been severely water damaged.

Tangoed Works
My mate dived into the pool with his 3gs in his swimming shorts was funny at the time but was knackered, didnt help the fact took him few mins to realise and everyone in the hotel pissed themselves, he just hada buy a new one.

easily done but what a cracker! lol

ST

Pub toilets mate...if your out with mate its a bit ignorant to sit wi your phone out so its sometimes the best time to reply to text lol

182 Cup
The iphone has litmus paper in it to tell if its water damaged, if this is the case they wont do anything under warranty. When i was once in there a guy was arguing with them over this and they basically told him to f**k off

u can bleach the 2 u can see back to white. you'd obviously need to open the thing up to do the other 2. got my cheque today so have my new one soon woo hoo! thinking of buying it on ebay or something to try and get an older model, read these brand new ones are a bit of a c to jailbreak/unlock