ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone come up with a centre exhaust bracket fix?

Clio 172 & others!
Mine has broke twice in 6 weeks. the rubber is just no good and always looks too taught. I've seen the shackle and mount fix, but wondered if anyone had come up with anything else? I may weld and bend my own to then use a universal/normal exhaust rubber. I want it looking right and not mackled together.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
There's an upgraded part from renault that doesn't break so easily, but if it's stretched to start with, your exhaust isn't sitting in the right place

BG Megane 225
Did mine this evening... heavy duty jubilee clip !

Wrap round the new mount before you offer it up.. Just a few cable ties to stop it slipping away from the rubber. And it's adjustable.

Clamp.jpg

Similar to that ^ But just put a couple of cable ties around the outside of it, rather than the jubilee clip. stop it stretching, if you get what I mean.
There was a thread about it on here somewhere.

Clio 172 & others!
There's an upgraded part from renault that doesn't break so easily, but if it's stretched to start with, your exhaust isn't sitting in the right place

That's what I thought originally, the only valid reason I can see though is that its a pattern part centre section. When I bought it 6 weeks ago the guy had a new exhaust on it, so I think the hanger on the exhaust is skew wiff! It's also just pops off without breaking the rubber too as the hanger looks too short.

Fit your exhaust properly!

It's not the center mount that's the problem it's the rear one - it's soo soft the whole exhaust hangs down
I fitted a solid rear mount and a new renault center one - been fine for a year - no stretching at all

"Navy" N17 TWO
There was a thread on here while back - someone used a D shackle + a Powerflex universal bush. Seemed to do the trick :)

Clio 172 & others!
Fit your exhaust properly!

It's not the center mount that's the problem it's the rear one - it's soo soft the whole exhaust hangs down
I fitted a solid rear mount and a new renault center one - been fine for a year - no stretching at all

To be honest, I never thought about it like that. The back mount was new too, but if that's s**t, then the middle bracket is trying to take the weight and stretching the rubber.