ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone Broken The Oil Filler Cap Cover

Silver 182 F/F
Gone to top the oil up for the first time ever and had to remove the plastic cover that covers the oil filler cap,any way it looks like you are supposed to lift it off with your finger.But after lots of pulling it's broken off with the spring still in the main shroud.

As anyone had the same problem and can you buy it seperatly or anyone swapped under warranty,i know it doesn't do anything but just tidys things up when selling.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah AA Autocentre broke mine , had to buy me a new one . I usually take off the whole engine cover before it goes in for a service so they can't break it . You can buy them separate from Renault .

they're a b*****d to get off... usually best to take the whole cover off.

i had to buy one when i got the 172.. cost around £18 iirc.

106 GTi
Only tried to take mine of once and it was very tight.

Engine cover off for me next time aswell.

fUbAr said:
they're a b*****d to get off... usually best to take the whole cover off.

i had to buy one when i got the 172.. cost around £18 iirc.

think it was 12notes from reno;)

Clio 172 mk2
MRBILLYUK said:
Yeah AA Autocentre broke mine , had to buy me a new one . I usually take off the whole engine cover before it goes in for a service so they can't break it . You can buy them separate from Renault .

Good advice:D

Silver 182 F/F
Think i will take cover off and glue it back on when ready to sell not paying £12-18 when a bit of glue will fix.

Thought i was just heavy handed.