ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone bought / fitted a whiteline ARB recently

172 ph1
Noob question: how do these improve the handling when there's a massive bar already (the beam)?
a stiffer rear means more oversteer / less understeer

whether you like the standard balance of the car or not depends on your driving style.

it would be an "improvement" for you if you find your car currently understeering too much

if you're already finding the rear too snappy, then it definitely would not be an improvement, as it would just increase the oversteer

it's very driver specific

Artic Blue 182 FF
Fitted mine this weekend. Only had a couple of drives in it but what a difference. Sharper turn in and understeer is really reduced, really like how it feels. I am waiting for the oversteer but so far, very impressed. Makes round abouts a bit more exciting thats for sure.. Those poor front tyres will be crying in no time!:D

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
could make your own quite easily. instead of holes could use a blade for more adjustment. just need some bushing material and get the bar bent on one end...

TVR Cerbera
Tricky to make adjustable ...

Yes, i know what you are saying, but like my coliovers, once i have it set right, it may aswell be fixed as my coilovers haven't been adjusted in 2 years!

My idea is to strenghten the arms to beam corners, also removing the coil pads at the same time, and then test it. that may be enough, if not, i'll then start bracing the beam itself. It's mainly a trackcar so comfort is not an issue!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Yes, i know what you are saying, but like my coliovers, once i have it set right, it may aswell be fixed as my coilovers haven't been adjusted in 2 years!

My idea is to strenghten the arms to beam corners, also removing the coil pads at the same time, and then test it. that may be enough, if not, i'll then start bracing the beam itself. It's mainly a trackcar so comfort is not an issue!
OR you could just buy yourself a whiteline and save yourself the hassle?

RenaultSport Clio 172 FF
How easy are they to adjust after they are fitted? Does the car need to be put on a lift to adjust the ARB?