ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone attempted to remove rear ABS ring?

RB 182
Its for my 182, im just struggling to part with £99 for a set of rear discs inc bearings etc, when i can get the rear discs and bearings separate for less than £50! Thing is you can't get the ABS ring separately, so im gonna attempt to remove the rings from my current discs using oxygen acetylene bottles :cool:

Anyone ever tried and succeeded?

Jagggg...missing the 182!
they came off mine really easy, no need for heat, just gently prise and tap til they work there way off

RB 182
Every penny counts! If i can get something cheaper, i will! If i break them, fair doo's, if i dont im quids in

Lots of Alfas
I bought the discs from GSF with the rings and bearings. However I successfully removed my old rings and gave them to someone on here. The discs were 7 years old and they just pushed off with a bit of wd40 and hammer/chisel.

DJB

182 Cup RB Stripes
This sunday i'm going to be replacing my rear discs, i've just been out and bought a new set of OE discs. If i can prise off the abs rings easily off my old discs i will post them to you as spares.

pm your details

MODDED 172
My ABS ring came off easy big flat head screw driver just keep tapping it very lightly with a hammer just work your way round the ring just take your time

RB 182 cup
ive done it many a time at work with the gas bottles to heat it up, they literally fall of once heated. have your new disks ready and just drop them on no porbs

RB 182
Just done it in my dinner, literally fell off as said, unfortunately haven't got my new discs to hand so ill just have to heat it up again

Cheers for offer DJB