ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone able to help me please? Essex

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi,
I have a 182 that recently had a PMS Aircon Delete kit fitted with a new Aux belt.

But in fitting the kit you lose the standard tensioner and it's a strange nut and bolt thing to tension the belt.

I have worked out how to tighten/loosen the belt, but it's making funny sounds so I don't think inhave the tension correct.

I don't suppose anyone would have any ideas and be willing to take a look? I'm in Benfleet, but can travel with the car (starts and drives).

If not I'll try a garage, but as the setup is strange not sure if they'll be able to help.

Thanks
Ry

172 Ph1
What belt are you using ?
Once the belt is tensioned , you shouldn't be able to twist the longer length by 90 or feel any slack at all

dcae8e339dc87fa2e04b426d1f6a23f4.jpg

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
What belt are you using ?
Once the belt is tensioned , you shouldn't be able to twist the longer length by 90 or feel any slack at all

dcae8e339dc87fa2e04b426d1f6a23f4.jpg

Yes thats the set up. We used a Dayco belt.

Will get some pictures later of the tension and see if I can upload a video of the noises

RS197
I use a guy in Southend who's always sorted me out, if it's an easy fix he'll just do it on the spot and chuck him a few pennies. Let me know if you want his details, he only works on Renaultsports

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What is making funny noises ? The pulleys, the belt, the bracket its self ?

When I fit mine I just go for a 5-10mm of play in the belt, been on a few track days with it now and it has been no issue what so ever