ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anybody using optimax

Hi all, i have been usuing Optimax for a couple of weeks now and i think it makes loads of difference,

my car has never run so well, i have tried other unleaded fuels but none perform like this one it defenatley gets my vote!

Some cars do run better on different manafactures fuels anyway. I know mine runs better on shell and bp petrol over sainsburys. I used to put sainsburys in all the time (it was just easier) but I had to put shell in at one point and I noticed it was better. The same with BP. But as I am putting shell in anyway now I thought I might aswell start putting optimax in as its got all those nice cleaning things in. Its probably got less crap in aswell.

Paul

well i have only used 6 tanks of petrol since the 10th of march anyway 3 optimax 3 95 ron and im sure there is not much difference that i can tell but there again im not booting it everywhere

so thats a conclusive.....erm, no idea!

i use it but cant say i notice any particular difference, not crawling along at 5 m.p.h every morning!

Im just taken in by the marketing.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

What about Optimax cleaning ur engine, not burning better, possibly freeing up lost power/responce from cleaning away varnish etc, hence people feeling a difference?

I guess thats possible if the fuel lines and injectors are shagged, but the "Optimax effect" would in that case be no better than using some Redex now and again and would tail off after a few tanks??

Funniest thing I heard for a while was when the Ex was driving along and suddenly said "Its been running really smoothly lately!" To which I replied "Well, thats because Ive been putting Super Unleaded in for the last 3 tankfuls..."

LOL :D

Not cheap though, but is any petrol? And to follow from BenRs question, which supermarkets use which suppliers? Me and the Ex always used Sainsburys, and the SuperPlus seems to be pretty good...

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

I think this weeks tank full of Optimax has lasted longer than the normal juice. 250miles & a 1/4 of a tank left. Usually only get 250/70 miles on the standard juice! :eek:

I take it back then, i surpose it does improve mpg. If so does it pay for its self it that respect?

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 04 April 2003

i thought sainsburys used BP?

Well there must be something else that makes it crap then, cos I certainly know its not very good in my car.

Paul

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by Mikey16vClio on 05 April 2003

I take it back then, i surpose it does improve mpg. If so does it pay for its self it that respect?

So how are these new Renault ECUs written?

if ( getFuelType () == "Optimax" )

{

injectorPulse = injectorPulse – 50;

}

LOL!