ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody know if BT are experiencing broadband issues?

visualize whirled pe
I have phoned the help desk because I am only recieving 130kbps on my broadband line. My area can only get 1.5mbps, which still isnt great!
Upstream I can manage 300kbps so does anyone know what the fault might be?
Is the BT exchange (bristol bath area) having big probs?

It has been between 56kbps to 130 for the last couple of days and the help desk were... unable to help, just taking me through everything I've been doing already.

I've tried both my machines, my dads PC and there is no difference in usb / ethernet / wireless, I use a home hub.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Swap the filter - that's usually the first port of call with speed/stability issues. And it's not just a fob-off excuse either - like power cycling your computer, binning the old filter can resolve quite unusual problems.

Oh, and post in the Broadband section next time ;)

visualize whirled pe
Cheers man, unfortunatly I did this and ran it from the main port with everything else in the house unplugged, I even turned the radio off and anything else in the house which might cause interference I was that desperate to get some work done. yet I still get 130.

Even running CS at an acceptable pace is a joke. Doing work (uploading 30-50 meg files to my clients ftp site is just......s......l.......o......w

Evo 6, E92 320d
Im always having issues with bt internet at work, randomly cutting off, going at snails pace etc.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Im always having issues with bt internet at work, randomly cutting off, going at snails pace etc.

Got around 400 BT Broadband lines across the country and very rarely have issues here - maybe just luck of the draw.

Evo 6, E92 320d
My manager is friends with a guy who works for them and he's said its quite poor in out area in particular.

I don't like saying it either, but BT Broadband has been pretty faultless for my clients at work too.

I have quite a large network going through one of them (just a single ADSL line, too) and it's very very rarely down.. solid as a rock.

visualize whirled pe
Mines been solid too for the last year. Look up my posts about BT in the past Daz, never had a bad word to say about them till now.

I'll try ringing again, then i suppose a letter. If it aint sorted then I'll just get my dad on the case, he's a long term manager in BT, hence my loyalty to the company maybe he can get them to shuffle their feet.

172 Cup
BT are blaming their current problems on the Olympics and surge in online viewing.

We are seeing a very large increase in the amount of traffic over our broadband network this week due to video streaming of the Olympics.

Many parts of the Internet, including the BT network, telephone exchanges, transit providers and peering points are experiencing huge increases in traffic, some claiming to be seeing over 150% more than normal, which is having a detrimental affect on speeds.

Other Internet Service Providers are reporting identical speed problems. We are working closely with our partners and BT Wholesale to minimise the impact, prior to the Olympics finishing.

Hahahaha.. Everyone elses fault but their own.

LLU ftw..

Titanium 182
were (BT) not experiencing any problems as far as i can see buddy.

You may have been throttled though, if thats whats happened should be ok again soon...

Better than yours. C*nt.
BT are blaming their current problems on the Olympics and surge in online viewing.

We are seeing a very large increase in the amount of traffic over our broadband network this week due to video streaming of the Olympics.

Many parts of the Internet, including the BT network, telephone exchanges, transit providers and peering points are experiencing huge increases in traffic, some claiming to be seeing over 150% more than normal, which is having a detrimental affect on speeds.

Other Internet Service Providers are reporting identical speed problems. We are working closely with our partners and BT Wholesale to minimise the impact, prior to the Olympics finishing.

Hahahaha.. Everyone elses fault but their own.

LLU ftw..

It's a fair shout on their part TBH though mate, as everyone's ADSL is a contended line and I guess they're learning the hard way that their advertised speed is a 'best possible' but realistically it can plummet.

I know at least one computer in every department has had the Olympics on all day every day at work...

visualize whirled pe
Just for the sake of anyone else experiencing these probs in the future and doing a search: It's back up to normal speed now after about 4 days, fingers crossed it stays this way.

According to my dad the are / were upgrading my local exchange to a 20CC (or something) network.... And of course there was the olympics! :)