ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody in the Essex (Harlow) area want to earn a box of beer?

Arctic 182 FF
Hi guys

My front windsreeen washers have stopped working. The rear washer works fine, aswell as the headlamp washers and the motor is working ok, just nothing coming out of the bonnet nozzles

Had a look in the guides section and it seems to be an easy fix, however my mechanical knowledge is errrrrrrrrrr well lets just say crap at the very best (i mean i was chuffed with myself changing a panel filter FFS! ha ha) and my toolbox consists of 3 rusty screwdrivers, a hammer and a wallpaper scraper.

So if anybody is around who fancies helping out a useless newbie, and likes drinking beer, a reply would be very much appreciated

Dan

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Might sound silly but have you tryed poking the holes in the washers with somthing pointy? Lol checked all the pipes under the bonnet?

Clio 172
Like geezer above me says. Use a pin and poke it in the holes see if that works failing that check the pipes see if they are all connected and not split

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
It'll be the pump, very common problem. Needs changing... sounds like it's working but it won't be (properly) costs about £7 from a ECP.

derv biege barge
There is a fix you can perform on the old pump to get it working again. Search for it in this site. I did it expecting no joy but it worked. They never failed again after this.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
There is a fix you can perform on the old pump to get it working again. Search for it in this site. I did it expecting no joy but it worked. They never failed again after this.

One hundred million billion percent easier to just change the pump... for under a tenner I really don't see why it's worth bothering bodging the old one.

derv biege barge
3 reasons :

1. I'm tight,
2. I like a challenge,
3. Rare experience of repair at no cost.

Upto the individual. Just making aware of all the options.