ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody had ABS/ESP SERV lights come on after dead battery?

clio 182 FF + chipped
Hi,

My Clio 182 has been sat for the past 6 months not being used as I bought a family car and just couldn't bare to part with my Clio. Now I need the money and need to sell.
The battery was only about 10 months old before the Clio went off the road. Now the battery has since been left to die and jump started once and re-charged twice. After re-Charing the abs and esp light came on. The next day I started the car and they had all gone out.
The battery was left to die again (my bad I know) I've then taxed the Clio ready to sell it and the battery was re-charged again. As soon as I started it The abs light has come on. It's been driven many miles for the past two weeks and the lights still remain on.

The car had just had an mot before going off the road and I never had any problems with it until the battery died (multiple times) it's done nothing but sit on the drive in those 6 months.

Before I go and spend a fortune on a garage putting it on the diagnostics on it..do I need to do something to reset the ecu? Do you think I should try buying a new battery first? My OH tested the voltage for me when running and said it's 14v. But I'm worried I may of ruined it after it during and being recharged so many times.

Or have I fried something by charging it? The fact it came on before and went out by itself the next day makes me think it's not a sensor or anything but something to do with the battery?

Please be kind! I've searched the forum but can't see the same problem where the battery dieting caused it to come on.

Thanks in advance, Maria :)

Clio FF 182
My Clio 182 has done minimum mileage over the past few years before I got it (55 plate 26,000 miles) recently. The battery was either disconnected or had died in it sitting for so long. Exactly the same lights were illuminated on mine and turned out to be the steering angle sensor which sits behind the steering wheel.

This was diagnosed through CLIP. Not the cheapest repair in the book granted and may not be your problem but getting it diagnostically checked out should be the first priority.