ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any1 got a new imac?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've got the previous version which is identical other than the colour. They are brilliant and well worth buying.

Elise 111R
I've got the 24" Imac with the 2.4 processor. I think its brilliant! The power is very good and handles a whole host of tasks without showing any signs of slowing down.

The screen is very nice for anything your looking to do and perfect imo for picture editing. Another nice part of having a 24" screen is that atm i've got enough screen space to be typing this message up in a full webpage size whilst watching tv which is going on in the top left corner! It runs smoothly and much much nicer than my old top of the line sony laptop which cost a good £300 more than (think around £1600). Finally snyc'ing mac products is a joy and it all works brilliantly together

Cons would be that although its Intel based machine now it doesn't mean that you can play games in mac mode. You can but games like Battlefield struggle so you'll need to consider putting windows in via bootcamp et al (use google function to see what i mean). Finally if you've never used a mac before (like me) its a bit of a pain in the a*se to learn after using windows for a good 10 years. But once you've done this its perfect and you'll wonder why windows is set up like it is.

Best forum is Mac-forum.com buy it you wont be disappointed just annoyed that you didn't make the step sooner.

172 Cup
cheers tom, some really good info there. My m8s got the 24" aswell, and ive only seen it in pics but it lux amazin! Ive never used a mac but im sure its easy to pick up after a while. Ye if i get one im going to put windows on it aswell as i use alot of design software that cant be run on OS X. And heard thats easy enough to do. Think im going to go for the same as u, as i cant really afford the 2.8ghz, wot ram have u got btw? 1gb or 2gb