ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Silver Cups left out there?

C

Cupster

Renaultsport quote 90 silver cups were made (30 odd with CC).

How many are about on the site?

Heres my CC:

Piccy506.gif

Piccy515.gif

Piccy509.gif

Image000.gif

Piccy512.gif

Waiting for a decent summer to get newer pics :(

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cupster

love it! when you coming to the Asda meets again then? done anything else to the car recently?

Will do when the weather sorts its life out!! lol.

Nothing new mate unfortunately, house and impending marriage have seen to that!

Last time I heard you had a FF172? You still rocking it? Mods?

Will catch up soon mate!

Looks lush.

It just looks like an Iceberg Silver FF, only differences to eye are the headlights, splitter, rear spoiler and wheels not forgetting the lack of leather

Broken Diesel Megane :(
that looks really nice. not a fan of silver cars, but that all just works for some reason.

1.8 Civic EX
love it! when you coming to the Asda meets again then? done anything else to the car recently?

Will do when the weather sorts its life out!! lol.

Nothing new mate unfortunately, house and impending marriage have seen to that!

Last time I heard you had a FF172? You still rocking it? Mods?

Will catch up soon mate!

:eek: lol good man!

Yeah I've got a 172 now, the valver was sold over a year ago now...still miss it.

Few mods so far mate, polished engine bits, ITG panel filter, CF splitter, Pro speed exhaust.

here's some pics of it..

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=269677

You had any probs with your pro speed? I've only had mine 6 months and the silencer has split and it's farting like it's eating an whole isle's worth of Tesco's own brand beans lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Think i'd have one for the rareness, but they look like most FF's off here now, due to them retro fitting Turinins and cup spoilers :( Tis a shame

BMW M5 & E36
Doesnt stand out anywhere near as much as the mondial, looks very good though. Don't ever recall seeing one either.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I saw one in Manchester about two yrs ago!!! Was a defining moment lol

R53 Cooper S
spotted and flyered this little beauty outside ma house the other day (crap cam phone pics)
F0_DSC00057.jpg

EF_DSC00058.jpg

F2_DSC00059.jpg

thought it was just another 172 w/ retro fitted turinis and spoiler or even a rep, first silver one i've ever seen, v nice, although i still prefer mondial on the cups:)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Rocking horse poo these are. Yours is the only one i know of Lee.....the rest are known to lurk, just out of sight...in the shadows...stuff myths and legends are made of.

Hehe

iceburg cliosport 172 cup
:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: i got one three weeks ago it is identical to urs silver 53/04 plate lovely arent they ill sort pics out soon:rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: didnt realise they were so rare i was told there was 200:approve:

Silver 172 cup
I bought one a month ago. Same spec as above. 53 reg. No climate control though. I wouldn't want it. The trader told me there were 200 ish but i checked the renaultsport site to find the real number.

Clio 197
I spotted one in Watford the other day, had the cup stickers down the pillars as at first i thought it might just be a cheeky rep or a normal 172 with turinis.

Mondeo TDCi
think may have seen u nr crawley a few months back was a silver cup with v similar reg...

Clio F1 R27
I used to have a 53 plate silver 172 Cup with climate control. Very nice car, attracted alot of attention but I had loads of problems with it during the 70k miles.

I now have a 04 plate 172 Sport with Ktec stealth, itg panel filter, drilled discs and PE2's.

I much prefer the Sport and with the mods it feels as fast as the Cup did. The Cup does understeer it bit less than the Sport but I keep my tyres and tracking in order so it's all good :)

Attachments

• clio_172_cup.jpg
    clio_172_cup.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 91
  A4 DTM/iceberg cup
only ever seen a couple! had the cahnce to buy one but being un-knowledgable at the time preferred the look of the blue. seems to be a fair aount of blue ones that have migrated south to the warmer climate though! wonder how many cups are left period.

ST
Love silver cups...if i could've found one a few years back before i got my old 182 i would've had one and would've still had it now..

C

Cupster

I used to have a 53 plate silver 172 Cup with climate control. Very nice car, attracted alot of attention but I had loads of problems with it during the 70k miles.

I now have a 04 plate 172 Sport with Ktec stealth, itg panel filter, drilled discs and PE2's.

I much prefer the Sport and with the mods it feels as fast as the Cup did. The Cup does understeer it bit less than the Sport but I keep my tyres and tracking in order so it's all good :)

Yeah I have a fews mods to mine too;
prospeed and decat,
drilled discs all round,
greenstuff pads,
braided hoses,
BMC carbon IK,
-30mm springs,
Eagle F1's with nitrogen,
powerflex dogbone mount.

Most importantly silvervisions. All subtle just the way I like it! (Until you open the taps, lol).

Got a while before 70K yet, only done 29K!

Burgandy 174 sport t
Not exactly the rarest of RS's are they! Again ruined a limited edition by making 90 of another colour!

Not exactly the rarest of RS's are they! Again ruined a limited edition by making 90 of another colour!

The Cup wasn't limited edition in terms of numbers, they only stopped building them when the 182 replaced the 172.

Never understood the people who selected aircon though.