ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any potential issues running 215 width tyres?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
So as per the title I have a family member that can get some dz03's but they're 215 50 15, they are used but having always run on 888's I fancy a change and wondered if anybody else had any experience?

Currently not running any spacers or extra camber and would be mounted on OZf1's, I do have 10mm axle spacers to go on when I get the chance

Thanks Ads

should imagine lots of arch cutting to the front wing and rears rolled, and also may contact the spring due to camber, so if you move the wheels in or out they will catch either way unless you make serious modifications, but it shouldn't be out of reach. In terms of experience, I have only used 205.15s and these rubbed on serious compression.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
should imagine lots of arch cutting to the front wing and rears rolled, and also may contact the spring due to camber, so if you move the wheels in or out they will catch either way unless you make serious modifications, but it shouldn't be out of reach. In terms of experience, I have only used 205.15s and these rubbed on serious compression.

Thank you, exactly the sort of answer I was hoping for, I've run 205 45 16 and 195 50 15 without issue, think I'll give them a miss as I really don't want to be messing with bodywork

if you really want to go wider then I recommend 205/50/15, depending how low you are will cause rubbing, if your at a certain height it may be fine. if you can borrow a set then all the better.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I've run 205's fine, it was only the fact that a cousin rang me and said he knew of some 215 direzza's going cheap up his way and was I interested?

Thought it best to ask before becoming an unfortunate guinea pig

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
They will be a slightly lower profile than 205/50. May be worth a try if they are cheap enough

No it won't never mind