ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any point buying GSF premium wheel bearings over standard?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Just wondering if there is any advantage in buying the GSF premium from wheel bearing over the GSF Standard alternative? Surely a bearing is a bearing? I'm struggling to see what could be made worse on the cheaper ones?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
From their website:

Standard Quality: Item will be of top aftermarket quality carefully selected from alternative suppliers that offer excellent value for money. Eg, Vetech, Erst Klassig, Franzen, NK, etc.

Premium Quality: Item will be of top quality sourced from leading suppliers that usually supply directly to manufacturers. Eg, ATE, Bosch, Brembo, GKN, Lesjofor, LUK, Mann Hummel, Remy, TRW, Valeo, etc.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yeah I read that on there website, but I wasn't sure how the cheaper brands bearing construction could be worse. I understand now its made out of softer stuff ;)

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
If it's the rear wheel bearing wouldn't it make more sense to replace it with a whole disc with pre-pressed bearings? Might cost a bit more but would be a lot less hassle, plus you get new discs ;-)

Lionel Richie
they're cheaper ones are vtech and are crap, request SNR bearings call elliot and b'ham central on 01217498811 and he can mail order them to you