ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any pipe needed?

Mine for comparison
image.png

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
ive got this K&N induction kit, same as this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321636887349

I was just wondering if I could get some pipe and attach the air filter further away form the engine

Thanks!

That induction kit looks a lot like a start button to me ;)

To be honest, on a 1.2, it's not really worth the hassle of worrying whether it's sucking hot or cold air. I had a K&N on mine and to be honest I didn't care if it was costing me a couple of BHP, I just had it because I like induction noise.

You could get some silicone hose and move it further away, but the power gain you'd get is so minimal that it's not worth the time or money. Just enjoy the bwaaarp.

That induction kit looks a lot like a start button to me :wink:

To be honest, on a 1.2, it's not really worth the hassle of worrying whether it's sucking hot or cold air. I had a K&N on mine and to be honest I didn't care if it was costing me a couple of BHP, I just had it because I like induction noise.

You could get some silicone hose and move it further away, but the power gain you'd get is so minimal that it's not worth the time or money. Just enjoy the bwaaarp.

Whoops! My bad. Yeah I like the noise and not too bothered by the car sucking in warm air. It's I wanted some blue hose to match the vinyl wrap inside the car plus the blue of the car itself :p