ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any pc shops buy pc's?

Hello all,

I have a Packard bell for sale and was wondering if there is any pc shops about that buy pc's as think I might have a hard time selling it as nothing seems to depriciate slower than desktops at the minute.

It is:

Packard Bell imax x3516 pc
Windows 7 home premium
Intel core quad CPU Q8200@2.33GHz
3GB RAM
320GB HDD with blu ray drive
32 bit operating system
Packard bell wireless keyboard and mouse

HP 21.5" monitor with built-in speakers

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I think best buy do part Exchange on stuff, I would wip the ble ray drive out first though

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
No good on eBay as it is ?

Strip it for parts and eBay it ?!

I've no idea about computers, but I'm guessing with W7 on it, it's reasonably new ?

182 BG
Either sell it in the paper/ebay as local pickup only.. Or sell it as bits, seems a shame, but you'll bet more for it!
Oh, and make sure you do a seriously good format on your hard drive, or just remove it completely... I build/rebuild PCs for a job.. you would not believe some of the stuff people leave on thier pcs on Ebay!! I'm sure I remember reading on the news agesssss ago that someone bought a PC with a MOD Missile Data on it... You get the idea!

Either sell it in the paper/ebay as local pickup only.. Or sell it as bits, seems a shame, but you'll bet more for it!
Oh, and make sure you do a seriously good format on your hard drive, or just remove it completely... I build/rebuild PCs for a job.. you would not believe some of the stuff people leave on thier pcs on Ebay!! I'm sure I remember reading on the news agesssss ago that someone bought a PC with a MOD Missile Data on it... You get the idea!
Is formatting different to taking it back to factory settings?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i can recover formatted hard drives so i would remove the hard drive 100%. Problem is new hard drives are expensive at the moment and you won't sell it without one