ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Mtbers here?!

Clio RS ph1
I want to take my mountainbike with me every now and then and looking for the best way to do so.
In the back isn`t really an option in such a small car.

I saw a Mito with a Thule ClipOn today and really liked the look of that.
Now I`m looking for that carrier for my lio or something similar. Any ideas?

This is what it looks like:
bike.h8.gif

I took the rear bench out. My full sus Scott fits like a charm with the wheels off :)

I did look into getting a rack, but I didnt have much success. I was told in halfords that my car wasnt suitable!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd be scared to put one on the back of a Clio.

Have you tried the boot? Have 2 in the back of mine quite often.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
i was also looking for something like that but i was abit wary of the side clips going on the window and the top clips going on the plasstic bit up top

so i take it to pieces and wang it in the boot

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i should be getting something a bit special, in essence its a Thule rapid fit system to fit the roof, but i am getting something a bit special to go with it,

no damaging the interior of the car, no worries about it sitting on the back of the car

go roof mounted i would

M

mini-valver

Throw an old bedsheet down and mine flies in with the rear wheel off. ONly a 24" Revell though TBF.

Clio RS ph1
I have a Trek Fuel EX which needs a lot of effort to take the rearwheel out. Frontwheel is easy ofcourse, but with the rearwheel in it`s not easy to put it in there. The passengerseat has to as much forward as possible also.

I don`t know how the Thule holds on op top but I can imagine it`s not a good idea to fit it to the spoiler so I don`t know if they thought of that.

tiTTy & SV650
I want to take my mountainbike with me every now and then and looking for the best way to do so.
In the back isn`t really an option in such a small car.

I saw a Mito with a Thule ClipOn today and really liked the look of that.
Now I`m looking for that carrier for my lio or something similar. Any ideas?

This is what it looks like:
bike.h8.gif

Any idea what those cost? I got given one and I don't need it as I put my bike in a bike bag then in the back of the car with the seats folded down.

As for spoilers, traditional 'strap on' racks you can get dumbell shape adapters to go inside the boot and it wedges in basically as opposed to gripping the edge.

Banana
On a clio, roofbars really are the best way to go, but if you must have a boot mounted rack, the saris bones (as Rory suggested) is the safest on your paintwork.
I could stuff my bike, minus front wheel, in the back of my cup no probs, even with a rollcage.
Coincidentally, I am selling a set of mk 2 clio harmony roofbars and 2 x thule bike carriers if anyone is interested pm me.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Lay the back seat done, put an old sheet in there, take off the wheels and it all fits great.

I had 2x big freeride bikes on the back, with tools/ spares/ riding gear and change of clothes for 2 people for a trip from Essex to Cwm Carn in South Wales. I wouldn't bother with any type of rack. Waste of money, terrible on fuel and the possible risk of rubbing on the paintwork

I saw someone with a Ph1 172 with a roof rack on, made me feel ill watching those bikes wobble about on top of the little cleo.