ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any mechanics with their own Garage/business on here?

182 RB FF
Got a friend who isnt PC savvy and has a PC running Garage Manager that deals with all his invoices, reminders, customer records and car details.

The PC is from the dark age and he now wants to update his PC, the problem lies with the program. Apparently the company that run it went bust so he's now stuck with all his information in this program.

I went there today and copied the folder and tried to install it on the home PC but that didn't work. There are alot of Access files in the program folder but I couldn't open them either.

Basically I just wondered if anybody here used this program at any point and whether or not you changed to a new program without losing all your records OR failing that what program you use that is similar.

Thanks,

Ph1 172 + Combo van
my dad is exactly the same. his computer is seriously antique and he cant get anyone to copy the data which is on it as it is all encrypted by the people who designed the original software.

still trying to find solutions and will probally have to get a new computer and take the time type the data on to the new system by hand. and yes. he has thoasands of customers.