ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any ideas?

2003 clio 172 ph2
When im coming to a stop if i tap my brakes it jerks my steering to the left.
Also when heavy braking my wheel gets alot of vibrations.

Megane r26
First thing I would be checking is that the brake calliper sliders are free and greased. I had a very similar issue which turned out to be caused by this.

Also whilst there check general brake condition and that the caliper pistons are all free, check for signs of play in bottom ball joints, wheel bearings, track rod ends.

If something isn't highlighted whilst checking I'd start getting a dti gauge out and check for disc run out / warped discs and bearing run out.

2003 clio 172 ph2
Well the driver saide has had new ball joint and track rod. Then im doong the passenger side this weekend. Ill probably grease the sliders up then aswell.

Thanks fir the quick reply.

Odyssey 172 phase 1
First thing I would be checking is that the brake calliper sliders are free and greased. I had a very similar issue which turned out to be caused by this.

Also whilst there check general brake condition and that the caliper pistons are all free, check for signs of play in bottom ball joints, wheel bearings, track rod ends.

If something isn't highlighted whilst checking I'd start getting a dti gauge out and check for disc run out / warped discs and bearing run out.

agree with this, mine had similar problem when i bought it but the discs and pads were past it

2003 clio 172 ph2
yea tracking will get done next tuesday as when im changing the track rod ends im also doing ball joint, arb bushes, lowering springs and top mounts.

Megane r26
ahh, whats the best remedy to that?
greasE?

Unbolt calipers from carriers and check all 4 sliders and slider gaitors (small rubber boots, pretty self explanatory) are not split as this can create the problem as it leaves sliders open to the elements.

If any are seized get a spanner, think its 15mm and try and work them left to right with a squirt of wd40 or even use a set of mile grips.

Once there free get some multi purpose grease or bearing grease and coat sliders in this and refit with gaitors.