ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any home remedi brake dust remover?

Petrol Blue 182.
going at it with hot water and washing up liquid, using a dustpan brush and a toothbrush lol. Does anyone have any secrets on how to remove brake dust with house hold objects, other then washing up liquid?

330i. E30 Touring.
Some sort of wheel cleaner might shift it?

I've got some pretty abrasive stuff if you want any..

Titanium 182
Bilberry wheel cleaner or intensive tar remover works quite well if you leave it on for 5 mins first.

Wonderwheels - buy it anywhere

someone will be along to tell you that it'll dissolve anything it touches though

tesco daisy all purpose cleaner spray...

Works as a great degreaser (use it myself), but won't shift brake dust.

Fairy power spray works OK, but you are still going to be left with a layer that will not budge.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fairy power spray + toothbrush + aggressive clay + several hours elbow grease is the only thing that worked for me!

Tardis etc budged a bit but not the majority of it...

It's A Reno
Vinegar should have an effect on it.

Oxalic acid is very good for removing such things, but you have to be careful with it. If you decide to use it and get hold of some, let me know and I will give you detailed instructions on it's use. :)