ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any help please???

clio sport 172 cup
Hi all got an issue with my 172 cup, been running perfectly fine used everyday etc. Got to work Thursday morning as normal left the car over night as I took works van home, went out aftet work Friday put key in ignition and got the dreaded solid red light? Car won't even crank over or do anything. The fuel pump etc all prime as normal just nothing when you turn the key. I went home got my spare key and that does the same thing.

Any help greatly appreciated ;)

Cheers lee

Are you talking about the imobilizer light?

If that is staying solid it is not getting the signal from the key.

Could possibily be the decoder ring?

clio sport 172 cup
Yeah the immobiliser light is staying solid, it flashes as normal before key is in then soon as ignition is turned on it stays solid.

BG 182
Get the key tested by an auto electrician as first port of call to ensure it's sending a signal. There are many horror stories of this. I had it in my cup and it turned out to be wiring defect. Don't guess, key testing required first