ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Help On This Much Appreciated

Clio 2.0 16v MK III
First off hi I'm new here.
I have a 2007 MkIII 2.0 16v Clio Dynamique and have just started having some weirdness going on
It all started out of the blue over the course of a couple of days.
Heres a list
Wipers only go fast on both normal and fast setting , intermittent only at the longest pause setting.
front fogs stopped working
radio controls and trip controls on right stock not working ( I have replaced the stock as i thought it was the problem at first)
service light on (garage cannot turn it off) but wanted a fortune to diagnose.
Intermittent locking issues with the drivers door button boot and passengers door work OK
everything else is fine car runs great
I'm thinking UCH or ECU but any input would be much appreciated

Cheers

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Ive had reeeeelly strange things (electrically) happen on cars with bad earths
Lights going mad, things happening when they shouldnt etc etc

Without a good earth path, cars can seem posessed.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Hi, and welcome to the forum. I would also suggest a bad earth, I once tried to work out what was going on on an Alfa GTAm hillclimb car where the rear lights seemed to be possessed by the devil. Turns out it was just a bad earth.
Look for anywhere wet, such as inside the rear tail lights, corrosion may have caused the bad earth.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Also a trapped wire, which is pinched in between metal. Once had a major problem with lights flickering and doing what they wanted, and it was a boot light wire pinched in the tailgate door.