ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any 197 Issues? Have the Dealers (Warrington)Improved?

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
Hello again!

I had a 182Cup a couple of years ago and loved it to bits. The only reason I sold it was as I had a co. car and one of our cars had to go. Unfortunately , we needed some cash so the Cup went rather tan my wife's A3.

Well, the A3 is due to go and we both fancy a hot hatch to replace it.

I fancy a 197 but my experience with the crap dealers is putting me off. Have they improved any in the last 3 years and are there any recurrent problems with the 197?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

PS A Cup in white, with black wheels, Recaros and AC would be nice....

wait and see ;)
thers a guy on here who works for warrington renault his user name is BRUN better of asking him mate

Clio200 EDC Lux
Had my 197 from new for about 18 months, build quality is greatly improved. Only had a dodgy xenon headlight in the time I owned mine. Only downside was the mpg wan't that good if your going be commuting to work etc..

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
The mpg wouldn't be an issue. The Octavia would do the miles, the Clio would be a wife and fun car.

Steve

320d
thers a guy on here who works for warrington renault his user name is BRUN better of asking him mate

Warrington actually. I'd get over to the Renaultsport website they have a fair few dealers on there, they'll even negotiate deals with you etc, sometimes its worth traveling for the best deal.

I've no experience of Renault Warrington, however I know that they are Arnold Clarke who are great untill you hand over your cash......

Renualt Chester (Lookers) where very good when my car went into them, they fixed the problem that Arnold Clarke St Helens couldn't even diagnose.

wait and see ;)
Warrington actually. I'd get over to the Renaultsport website they have a fair few dealers on there, they'll even negotiate deals with you etc, sometimes its worth traveling for the best deal.

I've no experience of Renault Warrington, however I know that they are Arnold Clarke who are great untill you hand over your cash......

Renualt Chester (Lookers) where very good when my car went into them, they fixed the problem that Arnold Clarke St Helens couldn't even diagnose.
i said warrington renault lol

White clique
My local ren dealer SMC is superb, there are 3 different dealers, but i know which one to take it to now, there is a small group in the Renault SMC Minute service centre who are a top bunch, the others in the 2 other branches are a bunch of jobsworth muppets.

As for quality, i've had an 02 172, an 04 182 and a 57 197, the quality now is far superior, no real issues to worry about in mine, although i only had a couple of small niggles with the 172 and 182 aswell, so it might be down to luck.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I bought mine from Arnold Sharke in warrington and tbh the bloke there was really helpfull in buying the car. Theres renault closer to home though so for warrant/servicing I'll be using Bolton Renault but so far I'm impressed with Bolton, theres a bloke in there called Phil who's an absolute gem, completely 100% genuine.

320d
i said warrington renault lol

s**t I meant St Helens mate. Its definately St Helens, Jord gets his parts off him, and i've spoken to him via PM on here a while back asking where abouts he was from after I seen his car there.