ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any 182’s Demonstrators in the NW

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Ok, I wanna test drive a 182 and so far Ive phoned the 2 dealers that are near to me and neither one has a 182 in to drive! :confused:

Ive seen a couple in the flesh parked up, but I wanna look inside, check it out, have a drive, etc... before I decide to buy one or not!

So, who on here has test driven a 182 in the North West area, and if so can you tell me which dealer(s) have got one in, then I can ring them and book a test drive in one...

Nearest dealer to me is Burnley, and the other one I tried is Preston (I work that way), so anywhere in Lancs, Manchester, or Yorks will do.

TIA

TRY BARKERS ON RIBBLETON LANE PRESTON.THEY HAVE A FEW 182S IN.DONT KNOW ABOUT TEST DRIVE THOUGH. £11999.00

GOOD LUCK. GARY

320d M Sport

reno alty have a got an artic blue with Cup pack, MC53 NHH!!

I see it everyday and must have clocked a fair few miles up.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by GARY M on 27 March 2004

TRY BARKERS ON RIBBLETON LANE PRESTON.THEY HAVE A FEW 182S IN.DONT KNOW ABOUT TEST DRIVE THOUGH. £11999.00

GOOD LUCK. GARY
Ta...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 27 March 2004

reno alty have a got an artic blue with Cup pack, MC53 NHH!!

I see it everyday and must have clocked a fair few miles up.
I feel a phone call coming on! :D

Renault at Bury (Bury Motors) have a metallic blue demo one - also Skipton Renault have a black one in the showroom that theyll let you take out on trade plates if you ask nicely!

Matt

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Matt ATR on 27 March 2004

Renault at Bury (Bury Motors) have a metallic blue demo one - also Skipton Renault have a black one in the showroom that theyll let you take out on trade plates if you ask nicely!
Cool, theyre both pretty near to me... :D

Do you know if either of them have Cup suspension at all?!

Yes mate they both had the Cup options (although the one at Skipton only had 20 miles on the clock so was really tight!)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Matt ATR on 27 March 2004

Yes mate they both had the Cup options (although the one at Skipton only had 20 miles on the clock so was really tight!)
Right, so Im think the "loose" one at Bury is the better option for a drive...

Cheers :D

Rich, Renault Manchester and Leeds should have one, so should Kitchens Burnley and Sunwin Bradford. Send me a PM if they havent got it when you call them

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 28 March 2004

Rich, Renault Manchester and Leeds should have one, so should Kitchens Burnley and Sunwin Bradford. Send me a PM if they havent got it when you call them
Well I am good friends with Dave at Kitchens in Burnley (my local dealer), hes been waiting for his 182 to arrive for weeks now, and its long overdue! :cry:

They messed the car up (something to do with Cup options) so its delayed, but as soon as that arrives I can just borrow it as Ive done with 172s, Cups & V6s in the past.

However we aint got a clue when its gonna actually turn up, so thats why I was trying to find somewhere else with one in as Id kinda like to drive one before I order...

We were talking on Friday and he joked that his Megane RS would probably arrive before the 182! :oops:

Not that Id mind borrowing that for the day! ;)

320d M Sport

Rich, the one at renault altrincham goes out every day! I betits racked up a decent mileage already.

Just spent a couple of hours in the 182 with Cup options at lookers, Chester.

Very impressive, good compliant suspension, excellent eager engine (it felt fast) and nice interior - only problem was a sore neck, which I always get in Clios - any advice here?

Orange 182

Yeah Ive seen the one in Altrincham twice now... its exactly what Ive ordered so the more I see it the better.

Dunno if its any use to you now, but Renault Liverpool have a black 182 with cup options aswell...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 28 March 2004

Rich, the one at renault altrincham goes out every day! I betits racked up a decent mileage already.
Aye, nicely loosened up by now then! ;)

Will be getting summat sorted this week...