ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Antivirus

Milltek'd 182
Don't know if this has been done before. But anyone got any ideas on the best antivirus/security suite. I have McAfee security centre but its waaaayyyy out of date so thought its about time i downloaded a new one. Anyone help?
Cheers,

Dave

dk

911 GTS Cab
i use norton internet security suite and have not had a single problem or virus in 3 yrs, people say its rubbish and take up lots of resources but i haven't had a problem and its protected me so job done, can't fault it.

i do get it free each christmas through work from symantec though so thats the main reason I use it.

A4 Avant & A3
I've always used AVG free edition & it's been fine.,. problem is.. the free edition is being discontinued from Tomorrow..
so i'm in the same boat.. gotta get something else now :-(

Milltek'd 182
Hmm...well it seems a bit pot luck!!! Think i might take the plunge with NOD32 or renew my McAfee.
Norris_309 - I've heard AVG is pretty good, you could always get the serial for it from www.serials.ws ;)

Last edited:
Hmm...well it seems a bit pot luck!!! Think i might take the plunge with NOD32 or renew my McAfee.
Norris_309 - I've heard AVG is pretty good, you could always get the serial for it from www.serials.ws ;)

just got nod32... once youve installed it... you just forget its there, does a mint job, and uses next to nothing resource wise....

you wont regret it :D

Milltek'd 182
just got nod32... once youve installed it... you just forget its there, does a mint job, and uses next to nothing resource wise....

Sounds nice! Does it do the same job as a security centre, i.e have a firewall etc.. built in??! Or do i need to download that seperately?

Sounds nice! Does it do the same job as a security centre, i.e have a firewall etc.. built in??! Or do i need to download that seperately?

it doesnt have a firewall, but it is scannin your computer as soon as you turn it on, it has an on demand scanner for when you wanna scan certain files, or your full comp, and also has MS outlook anti-virus plugin.

software firewalls are s**t anyway tbh.

172 Cup
lol ok cool. So i just dont bother with a firewall...just have the NOD32?

If you're using a modem then any software firewall (even a sh*t one) is better than nothing. If you're using a router and know what you're doing then a software firewall isn't really necessary.

if you want a decent software firewall, id suggest outpost, its s**t hot if you set it up properly. you canget a 30 day trial, off their site and activate it anothr way..

Revels Mum & Sister
lol ok cool. So i just dont bother with a firewall...just have the NOD32?

If you're using a modem then any software firewall (even a sh*t one) is better than nothing. If you're using a router and know what you're doing then a software firewall isn't really necessary.

Echo what he said. If you have a router and havent done anything daft like forwarding all ports to one IP then dont bother with a Software based firewall.

Octy VRS
AVG update day today from 7.1 to 7.5, still free! That and Zonealarm are more than enough to cover crappy Norton. Never have problems!