ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anti raid mode

182 FF
I come across a thread ref the above for a none sport clio so thought i'd give it a try on my 182 and it works.

Most of you will know however to activate the anti raid mode (make the doors lock once your car starts moving) can be done by getting in your car starting it then holding down the door lock button on the dash until you hear 2 beeps.
Once you hear the beeps it is then activated.
Just good to know because no doubt there'll be others out there with a girlfriend like mine who likes to lock the doors as soon as it is humanly possible which i like by the way.

Laters

Nath

M2 Competition
Its a good feature when sat in traffic etc, very useful.

I turn it off for spirited driving/ trackdays, so that others can open the doors if need be should you get stuck.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
i wa stold about this when i had my old clio, its ideal i like how they lock as soon as you move away

Qashcow
Its a good feature when sat in traffic etc, very useful.

I turn it off for spirited driving/ trackdays, so that others can open the doors if need be should you get stuck.

i think in the event of a crash they will unlock anyway, but i only think. certainly worth thinking about

JB

RB 182 Cup
It's raid not anti raid :rasp: or R.A.I.D rather. Renault Anti Intruder Device.

I like it as well, although a girl I gave a lift to a while back was a little freaked when the doors locked on her (don't think she realised that they're only locked from the outside).

It's good if for some reason you ever want to drive slowly through the estates on Newton Farm in Hereford.

Just make sure you don't do what I did and start the car on a ramp with the windows up and doors shut, wheels spinning made the car think it was doing more than 5mph and it locked itself with the keys inside it LOL schoolboy error.

Qashcow
this is true, ive also managed to hit a pothole and it knocked the fuel cut off switch, equally as much use as doors that dont unlock etc!

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Aye. From experience though airbags dont go off and doors dont always unlock in crashes.
I think the main point is that if your in a crash bad enough that you cant open the door (Because of injuries) then you are far more likely to be cut out anyway

182 FF
anti raid, raid whatever haha my bad but think you know what i mean. def a good point bout the ramp i'll bare that in mind big time given i've only 1 key too. True bout how sh1t the 182's are in the snow too, just got back in its proper pump but sayin that my mates got a lupo gti n that takes the mic out of mine its well bad

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I remember going in a BMW that locked once getting above 5mph, but it would then unlock below it, that was just stupid. Or it was broke.