ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Antenna Issues... No Reception.

M@C

Clio 172 Cup
Hi, when I bought my Clio it wasn't picking up any radio stations at all.

First of all the roof antenna was knackered to the point where you could pull the aerial out of the base without twisting it. So I replaced this, cleaned all the threads, tested it and I can barely pick up one station if I manually scan through the Freq's.

After taking a better look at the back of the head unit someone had snapped the pin out of the head unit connection. Had another one come through today but still no joy.

So with the entire cable swapped, the head unit swapped and the base swapped all I can think of is the electrical gubbins inside the base or the second cable that plums into it behind the roof lining.

Is the black cable with the spade connector a live feed? If so what should it be showing?

This is on a 2002 Cup.

Cheers,
Stu

1.5dci
I had the same problem with not receiving any radio stations (although it only started a couple months after owning it). Last weekend I took the base of the aerial off the roof and opened it up (there are a couple screws underneath iirc), and a capacitor had blown and leaked all over the rest of the components. Got a new one from the dealers for about £32-35 or something and fitted it in 30 less than 30mins now it's working a dream.

If you want to be sure it's the base before spending monies on a new one I'd recommend taking it off and opening it up. (if your not sure what your looking for post up a picture of the circuit board and I'll try and look back here, else if it's not visible feel the tops of the capacitors and see if they are flat or raised: flat is good, raised is gone pop!)

M@C

Clio 172 Cup
Cheers for that. I took the old knackered one apart out of interest so I know what you're talking about.

Just wondered what voltage is meant to be on the cable before buying an antenna base?

Cheers,
Stu.

M@C

Clio 172 Cup
Antenna base swapped and Kerrang is back in!!

Cheers for your help katg, appreciated.