ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Answer Required Thanks

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

172 sport/cup.

Seen blue 172 advertised with ac but no abs???

What came with what car???

Thought CUP was stripped out toys track toy no abs ac etc?????

Need ac, which should i be looking for????

Cheers Steve.

ST

If you want AC/CC, ABS etc go for the 172 but if you arent bothered about toys go for the cup.

But there was a few cups that came with manual AC IIRC.

VaVa

No, they came with Climate Control, only if specified as an option. I believe Iceburg Silver was also made an option at the same time.

The options were bought out at the end of the 172 Cups production run, hence Cups with CC are quite rare, and Silver Cups with CC are even rarer.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 15 August 2005

No, they came with Climate Control, only if specified as an option. I believe Iceburg Silver was also made an option at the same time.

The options were bought out at the end of the 172 Cups production run, hence Cups with CC are quite rare, and Silver Cups with CC are even rarer.

Ah ok my bad, i stand corrected.

VaVa

No problem fella. :D

BOT, A Cup with CC is a brilliant idea imho. The die hard self proclaimed hard core (PMSL) Cup owners may argue, but its the best of both worlds.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Cheers, ac or cc i need one or the other.

Seen this also;

For Sale: Silver Clio 172 Cup 53 plate (2003) car has full climate control which was a £795 option and a 6cd changer

Starting to get this slowly, either will do but more toys the better.

Steve

VaVa

If its the more toys the better, the Cup is no good to you.

The Cup has no ABS, no ESP, no Xenons, sunday market upholstery, less soundproofing, thinner glass (172 windscreen is UV reflective), no split rear seat, no rear headrests, no boot net, lower powered stereo and speakers, no cruise (only on later 172s in lieu of 6 disc changer which then became an option) erm.....theres probably more but I cant remember.

BUT the Cup is much lighter, has a wider track and firmer dampers and springs and of course the Splitter and Spoiler. And also hapens to be the fastest car on the planet!!! ;-)

Does the Cup have auto lights and Wipers? Cant remember!