ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Xenon question

Evening guys,

My drivers Xenon works intermittently. Always comes on, but turns off after a random amount of time driving. I assume it's a wiring or ballast issue ? (Is ignitor is fine becaue it does come on everytime ?).

Despite searching on here for ages i'm still unclear on options. The OEM bulb is huge, yet people say just buy some D2S Xenon's off Ebay or Hids Direct. Those bulbs look totally different - do they fit with no mods ?

If I got a pair of D2S Hids do I need different Ballasts?

Thanks,
Ade.

Si

RS Clio 172
The ballasts and ignitors stay the same. This sounds like your ballast is going/gone.

Ah, yeah possibly. If thats what you mean AJ thats just the projector to aim the light on the road. The bulb sits in behind it.

Im running the cheap Hid direct bulbs myself, only changed recently but no problems yet.

I made a little guide on changing the bulbs in my project thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?607540-Black-Gold-182-55-plate-progress-thread/page12

Like Si saids it sounds like your ballast has gone, you can always switch one side's ballast (i.e. drivers over to passengers) to see if the problem follows and then you will know for sure the ballast is at fault.

Ah, yeah possibly. If thats what you mean AJ thats just the projector to aim the light on the road. The bulb sits in behind it.

Ah, I feel a bit stupid now ! :eek: Yes, I was thinking the lense was the bulb, sorry.

Are the Ballasts under the Headlights ? Is a suitable Ballast replacement from Hids direct like the Hella one for £73 ? Or are there any cheaper Ballasts out there ?

Thanks for replies and guysy your car looks great in that project thread.

Yeah they are bolted under each headlight with a few torx screws I think.

Personally id get a working second hand unit of eBay but then you don't know if that one will go soon either.

Maybe post a wanted thread I would think a few people on here will have spares lying around for a fair price.