ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another will it fit sorry

RS 200 CUP
Looking to get some new wheels soon but unfortunately I like to be a bit different rather than going the OEM+ route like most.
I've looked at a few different websites and posts to try and get my head around wheel fitment and the different aspects but still left with a question of whether particular wheels will fit. I know the centre bore on wheels can be reduced with a spigot ring and I know offset can be corrected sometimes with spacers. Will the wheels and tyres below (no hate pls) fit my 172 and if not can anybody advise what would be needed to make them fit (other than spigot ring).

Capture.PNG

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I'd imagine they would be too wide tbh.

8 inch wide rim and an offset of 25. They will probably stick out of the arches.

RS 200 CUP
The looking crap bit doesn't bother me too much because I only care if I like it (and my girlfriend because she's buying the wheels) but if its going to ruin the handling then not worth it. My second choice was something like stuttgart st1's/lenso bsx/calibre vintage - again I know they're not as popular on here but something I've liked for a while and a safer option in terms of fitment.

RS 200 CUP
stuttgart are 8 x 15″ 4×100 ET25
MACHINED-SILVER-1-510x515.jpg

Calibre vintage are 7 x 16″ 4×100 ET38
Calibre_Vintage_Silver.png

Lenso BSX are the same as the calibre but 7.5" wide and available in a range of offsets from 15 up to 45.
len_bsx-sil.jpg

As you can see all similar style which is the style that I want but just also want the best fitting and then need to find out what tyre I need on them considering the weather and that it will be used daily. Appreciate the help :)

First set are far to wide and the offset is way to much, they will stick out a mile from the arches and potentially cause rubbing if you plan on lowering. Not to mention you'll be needing at least 205 width, more like 215/225 tyres which are much more expensive. As for the other wheels, yuck!:smile:

RS 200 CUP
First set are far to wide and the offset is way to much, they will stick out a mile from the arches and potentially cause rubbing if you plan on lowering. Not to mention you'll be needing at least 205 width, more like 215 tyres which are much more expensive. As for the other wheels, yuck!:smile:
yeah those first ones aren't going to happen and I knew most of you lot on here wouldn't like the others :p more concerned with if they will fit though. Other wheels I like are the rota grid v's which im guessing fit alright because i've seen them on a few before. My taste in most things is questionable at best but I like what I like :D

yeah those first ones aren't going to happen and I knew most of you lot on here wouldn't like the others :tongueout: more concerned with if they will fit though. Other wheels I like are the rota grid v's which im guessing fit alright because i've seen them on a few before. My taste in most things is questionable at best but I like what I like :smiley:
rota grid v :up: Sure @imprezaworks had them on his RB

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
15 if you're on coilovers.

Clio sits a lot better on 15's i think. Cheaper tyres too.

RS 200 CUP
thanks guys, I don't want to ruin the ride for the sake of looks so always trying to find that nice middle ground where looks good and rides well - other people liking the looks of it too is a bonus but not essential :p

RS 200 CUP
Do rota grid v's have different offsets for different colours or will it be a website error? On demon tweeks its showing flat black as 7inch wide with ET20 but the chrome or neo chrome are 8inch wide with ET0 (im guessing these ones wont fit)